The Official NBA Season Thread: Media Day for Most Teams | RIP Dikembe Mutombo 🙏

We might be watching a Tim Connelly master class right before our eyes. This trade is brilliant on many levels. Obviously it's not guaranteed to work but he accomplished a lot in one trade, I won't bore yall with my list but here's the three biggest things:
  1. Addressed some weaknesses. They needed more shooting/spacing and perimeter defense,. Luka and Kyrie exposed the Wolves in the WCF. They mostly had nothing for those two.. Now they add Donte to Jaden/NAW/Ant to throw at Luka/Kyrie/SGA/Murray. KAT played his best when he played in the corner but he always wanted to play up top. That's Ant's domain.
  2. Maximized KAT's trade value. You had to move one of the three bigs, you could't pay all three next year. Naz is getting a big raise next year either from Minnesota or someone else. Minnesota will have to let Randle walk but you had to cut your payroll anyway. You still get one year of a hungry Randle. Randle is 100% rejuvenated by this: it's his last and best opportunity to land another big extension. I also don't worry about chemistry/fit with him. Ant is universally loved. Current and former teammates love him. The Olympics proved his peers love him. Randle will love playing with Ant. He knows this is Ant's team whereas he likely struggled with being usurped by Brunson.
  3. Added depth. Most contenders got deeper. Philly, OKC, Dallas. Boston's biggest strength was their depth and they're running back their championship team.
We know Donte is gonna fit in and be an asset. The question/bet then becomes: "will Randle buy in?" and if the bet pays off, jackpot.

I like the trade a lot but wish donte wasnt involved just cuz of the chemistry and hes a good shooter... but overall kat is better than julius at the end of the day

I like the trade for both teams but for the wolves a bit more.

They still have Naz who can space the floor as well. If they don’t wanna go with Randle. Heck, He was on Jokic as well and Gobert providing the help side.

DDV is also a great fit next to anyone with his shooting annd especially on a team with Gobert . Flexibility wise they also improved. For Teams that made the conference finals and couldn’t get the job done. You can’t go to the new year without upgrading . They lost Kyle Anderson and only got Dillingham who won’t be counted on anyway.They at least tried something different and i don’t think the talent between Kat and Randle is that big

Both teams are 2nd round exits
jacooked4_1.jpg

Not mad at it. A bit bummed since KAT was someone who always wanted to stay in 'Sota...Good kid and he's way better than given credit for on the court.

I think both sides eventually win. I think it'll take a little longer for Randle to find his place/know his role and Donte is a nice addition. This also banks on ANT taking it to the stratosphere as a bonafide star.

Wolves/Knicks Finals confirmed.
Win in what way? Neither of these teams will be in the finals in the foreseeable future.

Wolves committed fully to the Anthony Edwards show in the playoffs.

Almost all of KATs offense was starting 30 feet out. You can count on one hand how many times he set up shop below the 3 point line. 7 foot shooting guard.

Makes no sense to pay him $50 million a year to play like that, particularly when you have Naz Reid

Divincenzo fits right in. Randle’s defensive effort is… inconsistent on a good day :lol: but they’ll still be good enough defensively when Gobert is on the floor.

Divincenzo’s a small loss but Knicks upgraded overall. Hopefully we get another series with Philly. Grade A box office entertainment.

Back
Top Bottom