The Official NBA Season Thread: Media Day for Most Teams | RIP Dikembe Mutombo 🙏

How active was Mutumbo lately? Past months, years? Brain cancer from what I know really debilitates you progrrssively. Weight gain can happen, slurred speech, you can droop one side of your face. Its heartbreaking seeing someone go through it. Theres a video of a brave girl I believe from the UK who filmed herself going through it (eventually succumbed to it) and its one of the saddest/shocking videos ive ever seen on YT. How she was in the beginning vs the end is two totally different ends of the stick.

RIP Mutombo.

That Nuggets-Sonics 1-8 upset playoff series is pretty wild to look back on.

Mutombo averaged 6 blocks a game, they held a the #2 offense in the league 9 points below their regular season offensive rating.

1727709447660.png

How active was Mutumbo lately? Past months, years? Brain cancer from what I know really debilitates you progrrssively. Weight gain can happen, slurred speech, you can droop one side of your face. Its heartbreaking seeing someone go through it. Theres a video of a brave girl I believe from the UK who filmed herself going through it (eventually succumbed to it) and its one of the saddest/shocking videos ive ever seen on YT. How she was in the beginning vs the end is two totally different ends of the stick.
My aunt had brain cancer and the last six months were really rough. From walking around, conscionable to bedridden and unable to communicate. :smh:

My aunt had brain cancer and the last six months were really rough. From walking around, conscionable to bedridden and unable to communicate. :smh:
It’s our strongest muscle. I can’t even begin to imagine what happens when it starts attacking you :smh:

RIP to your aunt, pmatic pmatic

Last edited:
On a non basketball point,
lots of west africans get rich and use their clout to come home and benefit from the pervasive corruption.

Mutombo really did amazing things, and and undoubtedly saved so many lives building a hospital, and all the other work he did

1727709698554.png

plus setting a good example for younger african players.
1727709740685.png

rich people in this countries tend not to care, about there broken medical care systems, because if they get sick they just fly to Canada/France/UK/US ect.

So RIP Mutombo, a truly great person on and off the court.

Back
Top Bottom