The Official NBA Season Thread: Media Day for Most Teams | RIP Dikembe Mutombo šŸ™

This trade is definitely a lateral move. Not much to change their odds.

Although it will be nice to see Kyrie and Luka score 40 points a piece.
Itā€™s lateral and gives up future assets. Not the most major assets but not nothing. And if they give him a 4 year extension ohhhh boyā€¦.

Yā€™all keep talking about the Mavs defense.
Have yā€™all not watched any games?
DFS wasnā€™t moving the needle on either side of the ball. The net gain of offense for defense outweighs losing DFS. Plus Iā€™m sure the Mavs still making moves.

Last edited:
I don't understand why anyone thinks this is a bad move for the Mavericks.

I get the Kyrie jokes and everything but everyone was just posting "get Luka some help" memes and they turned Spencer Dinwiddie and Dorian Finney-Smith into an All-Star starter. If it doesn't "work out"...what was the alternative?

That 2029 mavs pick when luka has left the team along with kyrie 6 years earlier.

I don't understand why anyone thinks this is a bad move for the Mavericks.

I get the Kyrie jokes and everything but everyone was just posting "get Luka some help" memes and they turned Spencer Dinwiddie and Dorian Finney-Smith into an All-Star starter. If it doesn't "work out"...what was the alternative?
I'm just mildly surprised they used up their chance to get a star so early. Figured they wait until the summer to make a move.

Back
Top Bottom