The Official NBA Season Thread: NBA Draft

E499B7A3-4667-475D-881F-F94D8D22D282.jpeg

I don’t even know why the trash players always doing the most.

****ing Grant Williams bro ....

Celtics lose and he will be next to D. BROOKS.

This is why you watch games not stat sheets. By the time the 4th had come he was getting blitzed by double teams. Every time he passed the ball to the open man they'd miss the shot, turnover, or throw him the ball back. He was essentially forced to chuck in the 4th because his teammates decided they were done playing in the 3rd. Tatum and Grant were the only Celtics that showed heart. He has an all NBA 2nd team teammate who has yet to show up this series. It's disingenuous to put the loss on the man who is outplaying the rest of teammates by a large margin.
Tatum is elite; he received some time with Kobe. He should have numerous spots to get a shot off. Just step inside the 3 point line.

I don’t even know why the trash players always doing the most.

****ing Grant Williams bro ....

Celtics lose and he will be next to D. BROOKS.

Grant Williams isn't exactly trash, but I know what you mean. The problem in this regard is that the Tatums and Browns cower in these spots. Don't even need to return the fire verbally, but show some fire in your game during crunch time at least. **** is contagious and Boston is lifeless in clutch moments right now. Whole team is listless and clearly don't respond to Grant Williams.

Tatum damn near 7ft and he want to look pretty shooting the shots. Same with mpj. Just shoot over the smaller defender or drive it

Can't take just boxscore numbers and say Tatum did his job. Not in a Conference Finals. They're taking these games like it's a regular season game in December. Mazzula has his share of blame, but Tatum unable to score in the 4th quarter in back-to-back games is wild...wildy unacceptable at that. Clutch/crunch time is the main separator at this point. Stars can't just get theirs in 3 quarters, clock out and expect to win.

Mike Malone after game 1 of nba finals vs the Heat, who will be like +30000 underdogs and nuggets are picked 17-0 by espn reporters.

“You know, nobody picked us to win this series. I everyone talks about butler and the Heat. Vegas picked them to win it all”

At first, I thought the prospect of a Nuggets/Heat Finals was meh, but at this point, I'm rooting for it. At least 1 of Jokic or Butler will get a ring and you know it won't be without a fight. Both teams have demonstrated they are the hungrier of the bunch, so by all means...

Can't take just boxscore numbers and say Tatum did his job. Not in a Conference Finals. They're taking these games like it's a regular season game in December. Mazzula has his share of blame, but Tatum unable to score in the 4th quarter in back-to-back games is wild...wildy unacceptable at that. Clutch/crunch time is the main separator at this point. Stars can't just get theirs in 3 quarters, clock out and expect to win.
Tatum damn near 7ft and he want to look pretty shooting the shots. Same with mpj. Just shoot over the smaller defender or drive it
Reposting my post from earlier

Screenshot_20230520-100157.png

If I try to get my teammates involved and they 💩 the bed while I'm being double teamed all game... Of course I'm gonna start chucking in the 4th. He spent the first half of the 4th trying to get the teammates involved then started shooting... Also he scored the last 5 Celtics points in 4th. Idk where it's coming from but the Tatum hate is getting corny. Man is his team's leading scorer and passer. Jaylen Brown is a all NBA player, he needs to show up. Tatum is doing his job. Also as Bill Simmons and many other Celtics fans have been echoing, the Celtics coach is terrible especially in close games/the 4th quarter. Deducing the losses to "Tatum shoots too many jumpers" is a lazy take.

Edit: Let me clean up my post a bit. He isn't a terrible coach but I do think he's getting carried a lot and I stick by what I said about him being bad in the clutch.

Tatum is elite; he received some time with Kobe. He should have numerous spots to get a shot off. Just step inside the 3 point line.
Yes. He's got to find a way to counter different looks. He said he figured a lot of these things out and the playoffs have shown you he has not.

You can blame Mazulla all you want and he deserves blame, but it looked this way last year with Ime Udoka. I love Tatum as a player, but he's gotta start processing things a lot faster.

I’ll always say when your best two players don’t play off of each other, you get 4th quarter trickery. And that’s boston
This too... Brown and Tatum are both too streaky for their own good. Whenever they both go crazy together, Boston's but for some reason it's very rare that they do that. It's usually one beasting while the other takes a backseat.

Tatum had a bad stretch of turnovers in game 1, but yeah, Mazzula has been beyond atrocious. Playing Pritchard in the 1st game was ****ing hilarious, and then him leaving Rob Williams on the bench last night until maybe 3 minutes left is also puzzling.

I don’t like to blame coaches because talent usually wins in the league, but when my 78 year old mom is texting me asking why Rob is still on the bench, that says a whole lot about Mazzula’s rotations and feel for the game. Tatum’s piece of the blame pie is minuscule compared to his coach’s slice. Jaylen Brown is also ****ting the bed this series. Casuals will point to his offense (bad), but watch him on defense. Clueless.
Had to bring your post to this thread because I didn't want to derail the other thread but this is it. Dude is a significant step down in coaching from Ime. The Celtics crunch time execution may be some of the worst I've ever seen in my life. This has been a problem all year too.

Back
Top Bottom