The Official NBA Season Thread: NBA Draft

Screenshot_20231101_145357_Chrome.jpg

What would you change?

There needs to be regulation on gambling ads. Like limit each gambling company to 1 advertisement per game. Don't need 2 or 3 different companies advertising literally every game break. Kevin Hart is NOT that popular.

Normally, I disregard the conspiracy theories on TikTok, but when it comes to gambling, those individuals can be incredibly convincing and persuasive. It's like, "Wait a minute, that actually sounds plausible!" 😄

A lot of things don't bother me but does anyone else have a problem with these leagues encouraging the pervasiveness of gambling culture? No problem with gambling but the commercial appeal of it seems weird to me.

Already been a couple NFL players suspended

This is my whole thing now. We used to make Blue Chips jokes about point shaving but there’s so much money involved that I think it is or could be a real concern.

Another aspect I don’t like is how how folks are getting upset with players all over the various leagues that aren’t on their team because it ****ed up their bets. I think it happens the most with over/unders and dudes making or missing shots or an NFL player/coach deciding to score or not later in games.

It’s really intensified things but I think the leagues like it because it’s increased interest. Now folks watch more games of teams of their team as well as bad teams which is technically good for the leagues.

Degenerate gambling picks for the day:
IMG_3948.png

Jalen Johnson- vs one of worst defenses in NBA, Washington
AR/DLo- Gabe Vincent out, they’ll get extra opportunities tonight
Mark Williams- undervalued
Ausar Thompson- vs Portland
Ayton- Duren questionable. If he’s out Ayton up against Marvin Bagley and Wiseman.

This is my whole thing now. We used to make Blue Chips jokes about point shaving but there’s so much money involved that I think it is or could be a real concern.

Another aspect I don’t like is how how folks are getting upset with players all over the various leagues that aren’t on their team because it ****ed up their bets. I think it happens the most with over/unders and dudes making or missing shots or an NFL player/coach deciding to score or not later in games.

It’s really intensified things but I think the leagues like it because it’s increased interest. Now folks watch more games of teams of their team as well as bad teams which is technically good for the leagues.

Fans OPENLY voicing their idiotic and foolish opinions about players who don’t help them win a parlay or fantasy are idiots. Tweeting or @‘ing, and DMing players because you lost is psychotic. That’s a personal problem and not on the players.

Anyone who gambles must already understand that their are no guarantees. You can’t be one of those “happy when I win” type of people and upset with the players/teams when you lose types. That’s the point of gambling. Dudes be happy as heck win they win a few thousand, but livid when they lose. It is what it is.

If gambling makes you temperamental, that’s a personal problem and those kind of people need help.

Luka has been slandered in here like everyone else, even by the Dallas based nt’ers

I think you just upset your comparison was awful. But it’s ok lol
i don't see your points as hate. just silly and transparent. any attempts to chip away at jokic is just childish at this point

and luka isn't an all time great, but you're working hard to convince others that it's the general consensus so you can keep going

Luka1.png
Luka2.png
Luka3.png
Luka4.png

Y'all can go play with someone else. I know what has been said about Luka in here.

Y'all boy better win. Point blank period. Luka > Harden has ran rampant and he doesn't even have an MVP. Missing the playoffs but he's better than Harden?

I stand by everything I've said.

I can't stand gambling. I once knew a family acquaintance who got into it and came up with a so-called foolproof method for winning at roulette. He even managed to convince my wife. I explained to them that roulette has some of the worst odds, and this supposed foolproof method was just a surefire way to lose everything. It involved repeatedly betting on the same color until it hit or the 3:1 odds option, increasing the bet each time. I pointed out there's a cap on how much you can bet.

Long story short, they were convinced he was winning, but things started disappearing from the house – envelopes full of money, jewelry, and more. He had the audacity to blame a visiting brother, accusing him of being near the missing items. Eventually, the stealing stopped, but the police got involved. It turned out he was selling the stolen goods to a pawnshop, and detectives had pictures of everything he had taken, even jewelry that we didn't know was missing, including the kids' jewelry. He told the pawnshop owners that he worked for the lost and found at the airport and could keep the lost items after a while. It was a pathetic situation, and his gambling addiction had cost him everything.

I can't stand gambling. I once knew a family acquaintance who got into it and came up with a so-called foolproof method for winning at roulette. He even managed to convince my wife. I explained to them that roulette has some of the worst odds, and this supposed foolproof method was just a surefire way to lose everything. It involved repeatedly betting on the same color until it hit or the 3:1 odds option, increasing the bet each time. I pointed out there's a cap on how much you can bet.

Long story short, they were convinced he was winning, but things started disappearing from the house – envelopes full of money, jewelry, and more. He had the audacity to blame a visiting brother, accusing him of being near the missing items. Eventually, the stealing stopped, but the police got involved. It turned out he was selling the stolen goods to a pawnshop, and detectives had pictures of everything he had taken, even jewelry that we didn't know was missing, including the kids' jewelry. He told the pawnshop owners that he worked for the lost and found at the airport and could keep the lost items after a while. It was a pathetic situation, and his gambling addiction had cost him everything.

Sounds like he was on crack. That’s fiend stuff he was doing :lol: :lol:

Back
Top Bottom