The Official NBA Season Thread: NBA announces new media deal / WBD sues the league

JJ is brutally honest, especially when he's arguing with guys who weren't in the league but talk about the league and he makes sure you know your experience can't trump his.

As much as we try to downplay his NBA career, he went from looking like he didn't belong to a legit NBA role player.

He also isn't the first guy to skip the line to coach. Steve Nash just did it seasons ago. Mark Jackson did it with Golden State. Same with Derek Fisher and the Knicks.

Reddick really shot 47.5% from 3 on 5.6 attempts one year. that's a lil crazy :lol: I didn't realize he had a percentage like that

He had a crazy *** run tbh

:lol:
Always throwing shots a Ben Simmons. Saying JJ peaked at Duke

Feels like JJ reminds you he was a high level role player all the time. Of course he’s arrogant but he doesn’t disrespect players more than Shaq or even Eddie Johnson does

Nobody has a problem with arrogance/confidence. Definitely not me. I’m big on self confidence and ish talk.

Again. He peaked at Duke. He was a lottery pick that didn’t become a full time starter until he was 30. The prior 7-8 years, he never even finished top 10 in 6MOY voting.

He didn’t rebound, defend or facilitate. He was an elite shooter. Everyone agrees. He scored 12ppg, but gave up 20+ every night on defense.

Again, he’s the reason a lot of elite wing players got paid big money :lol: :lol:

He won the Wooden, Naismith and ACC POY and 2x All American in college. That’s the epitome of peaking in college. He never won anything in the NBA. He has no NBA accolades. He just carved out niche in the NBA and played 15 years.

Again, his greatest accolades were achieved in college… therefore he peaked… in college :lol: :lol:

(From a career standpoint).

Nobody has a problem with arrogance/confidence. Definitely not me. I’m big on self confidence and ish talk.

Again. He peaked at Duke. He was a lottery pick that didn’t become a full time starter until he was 30. The prior 7-8 years, he never even finished top 10 in 6MOY voting.

He didn’t rebound, defend or facilitate. He was an elite shooter. Everyone agrees. He scored 12ppg, but gave up 20+ every night on defense.

Again, he’s the reason a lot of elite wing players got paid big money :lol: :lol:
This is wild. Being a lottery pick doesn’t guarantee longevity at all. Guys don’t make it to their second contract all the time. He wasn’t projected to be some all world player either. Look up the history of 11th picks in the draft and get back to me. I can Charles Barkley guarantee no elite wing was paid because they lit up JJ redick. Let’s be serious.

I’d like to see Nash get back into it. I still don’t know what his style is. haven’t even seen an interview rumor since he’s been gone from Brooklyn.

JJ will be scapegoated for Pelinka’s incompetence like every other coach they’ve had in there, so just like with Nash I’m looking forward to his gig after this one.

Yeah he was great at Duke, but he also had a 15 year NBA career and made $115M. It’s not like he was Jimmer :lol:

Over that span he played with a lot of the great players of this era and has made a lot of strong relationships.

None of this should be surprising.

15 years and no accolades. We’re not talking about the money he made. Personal accomplishments and team accomplishments… he achieved absolutely zero in the NBA.

Go to his home and the trophies on his mantle are all from his Duke days :lol: :lol: :rofl:

I’m not even talking about him becoming a coach. I’m talking about his actual skill and contributions as a hopper.

Him getting into coaching is irrelevant for me.

As a player, dude wasn’t anything special:lol:

15 years and no accolades. We’re not talking about the money he made. Personal accomplishments and team accomplishments… he achieved absolutely zero in the NBA.

Go to his home and the trophies on his mantle are all from his Duke days :lol: :lol: :rofl:

I’m not even talking about him becoming a coach. I’m talking about his actual skill and contributions as a hopper.

Him getting into coaching is irrelevant for me.

As a player, dude wasn’t anything special:lol:
Elite level hating. He’s at worst the 7th best player from his draft class

I am not comparing JJ Redick's coaching ability to them.

Phil Jackson & Pat Riley had worse NBA playing careers than Redick. Not even sure why his accolades or points per game are being mentioned when they have no bearing on his ability to coach an NBA team. Two totally different jobs.

Back
Top Bottom