The Official NBA Season Thread: NBA announces new media deal

Embiid ducking joker?
18E71632-B228-425B-9773-41DC9FE26DDE.gif

Hows Embiid in the playoffs though.

We will see this year under a real coach. I've watched some of his bad games in the playoffs and a lot of it was on coach setting him up for failure while the other teams game plan every move. Doc just gives him the ball and hopes he makes something happen.

Not giving an excuse, I just have a strong feeling that if he's healthy in May, we will see a very different Embiid than in the past playoff runs.

A lot of Embiid’s lapses in the playoffs were on health and coaching.

He couldn’t get the ball on the block because they were just asking him to seal. No misdirection or pin down at least to get him a look.

We will see this year under a real coach. I've watched some of his bad games in the playoffs and a lot of it was on coach setting him up for failure while the other teams game plan every move. Doc just gives him the ball and hopes he makes something happen.

Not giving an excuse, I just have a strong feeling that if he's healthy in May, we will see a very different Embiid than in the past playoff runs.

His play always trends down in the playoffs compared to regular season and its everytime so, if it quacks its a duck kinda thing.

no because his rival is better than him head to head. joker is amazing but when we’re talking about top 10 of all time type conversations the main part of that convo is whether you’re actually better than other people on that list. Joker is not better than Shaq for that simple reason and i’d like to see how he’d do against Ewing, Mutombo, David Robinson, Sabonis, Dikembe, etc. Embiid right now is one of the few players that physically has the size and strength for Joker not to get easy shots off against. And Joker clearly struggles and isn’t as good as he is against other defenders.
IMG_6456.jpeg

Two nights in a row commentators don’t talk about why Giddey gets boo’d when he touches the ball in southern CA :lol:

no because his rival is better than him head to head. joker is amazing but when we’re talking about top 10 of all time type conversations the main part of that convo is whether you’re actually better than other people on that list. Joker is not better than Shaq for that simple reason and i’d like to see how he’d do against Ewing, Mutombo, David Robinson, Sabonis, Dikembe, etc. Embiid right now is one of the few players that physically has the size and strength for Joker not to get easy shots off against. And Joker clearly struggles and isn’t as good as he is against other defenders.

People are overly obsessed with rankings.

Also, how you list 55 twice. :lol:

Credit to Embiid for going hard in these matchups against Joker.

Playoff Embiid a real thing though. Tough to ultimately get too excited when his track record shows that he isn’t remotely at this level when there is higher stakes and the games really matter.

Back
Top Bottom