The Official NBA Season Thread: Free Agency Day

One guy has been a starter in the conference finals.

The other has never played meaningful basketball . Never gotten minutes in the playoffs and until now and can’t start over Mcgee or Powell.
Him not starting isn't predicated on Powell or Mcgee being better than him.

That’s a coaching issue
Fam, you can ask any Rockets fan he’s like an Enes Kanter. Offense of the bench but has warts .

Can give you points , rebounds but will smoke a defensive rotation, not give the necessary effort unless it involves scoring.

Then he’s not be a good FT shooter.

The larger issue here is that we are discussing Christian Wood only because he is Luka's second or third best player (DInwiddie) :sick: . I rock with Spencer doe.

Vincent Van Goat Vincent Van Goat D StaXX D StaXX N41D N41D Coupé It Coupé It Other Mavs/Luka fans - Is there any path to getting him some help, specifically a serious #2 anytime soon? They have him locked up, fully guaranteed through the 2026-2027 season but I don't want him to be worn down by then from carrying mediocre teams. Big First Cleveland Stint LeBron vibes |l

Last edited:
I'd like to see Wood in the starting lineup, could use his production as his supporting cast has been pretty bad so far
Current starting lineup-
PG: Dinwiddie
SG: Reggie Bullock
SF: Luka
PF: Dorian Finney-smith
C: Powell

Revamped -
PG: Dinwiddie
SG: Luka
SF: Dorian Finney-smith
PF: Maxi Kleber
C: Christian wood

Bullock having terrible shooting year. Kleber can offer some rim protection to make up for Woods' and both can space the floor a bit.

Just got back to the house after running some errands and guess what my wife was watching on TV? That’s right, 500 Days of Summer :lol: Total coincidence because I didn’t mention anything to her about over the last couple of days.

I started laughing when I saw it on and she was like, “why are you laughing? This part’s not funny. She’s being mean to him”. :lol:

Fam, you can ask any Rockets fan he’s like an Enes Kanter. Offense of the bench but has warts .

Can give you points , rebounds but will smoke a defensive rotation, not give the necessary effort unless it involves scoring.

Then he’s not be a good FT shooter.
Thats the rockets. This is the Mavericks. Apples to oranges.

Just got back to the house after running some errands and guess what my wife was watching on TV? That’s right, 500 Days of Summer :lol: Total coincidence because I didn’t mention anything to her about over the last couple of days.

I started laughing when I saw it on and she was like, “why are you laughing? This part’s not funny. She’s being mean to him”. :lol:

Famb....no coincidence. You have to do a sweep of the crib and whip, check for keystroke loggers on your laptop, clear your browser history, smash your phone and throw it in the ocean. The streets are watching

The larger issue here is that we are discussing Christian Wood only because he is Luka's second or third best player (DInwiddie) :sick: . I rock with Spencer doe.

Vincent Van Goat Vincent Van Goat D StaXX D StaXX Coupé It Coupé It Other Mavs/Luka fans - Is there any path to getting him some help, specifically a serious #2 anytime soon? They have him locked up, fully guaranteed through the 2026-2027 season but I don't want him to be worn down by then from carrying mediocre teams. Big First Cleveland Stint LeBron vibes |l
You gotta include N41D N41D

Vincent Van Goat Vincent Van Goat D StaXX D StaXX Coupé It Coupé It Other Mavs/Luka fans - Is there any path to getting him some help, specifically a serious #2 anytime soon? They have him locked up, fully guaranteed through the 2026-2027 season but I don't want him to be worn down by then from carrying mediocre teams. Big First Cleveland Stint LeBron vibes |l
Issue is that they don’t really have any young prospects to flip. DFS and Maxi are good role players who are great in their roles for the team, but honestly on such great deals as well. They’d prob benefit from Wood being good and flipping him but seems unlikely. Hoop Collective was talking about them capitalizing on the Bulls wanting to move on from someone like a Zach LaVine.

Man I have no idea, but I'd throw everything to get a combo of Beal/Lavine with Myles Turner.

You gotta include N41D N41D

Issue is that they don’t really have any young prospects to flip. DFS and Maxi are good role players who are great in their roles for the team, but honestly on such great deals as well. They’d prob benefit from Wood being good and flipping him but seems unlikely. Hoop Collective was talking about them capitalizing on the Bulls wanting to move on from someone like a Zach LaVine.
They'll make another ALL IN move again soon. They just have to get past the Knicks owning this year's pick - and the reality is you just really don't need high-impact young talent to make those moves more often than not.

They've got a bunch of solid role players on good contracts, but those guys are harder to move in the type of deal the Mavs realistically need to make - unless they're willing to invest a couple of years in a total tear down rebuild around Luka - but they don't have the time to do that.

I don't know that the next thing needs to necessarily be a tier-1 AD kinda trade.

They just desperately need another shot creator. They can add a second-tier solid all-star level guy with all their picks and risk it all. They're going to have to.

They really goofed by offering Brunson such a low ball deal last year. Could’ve been an easy guy to flip, but obviously hindsight is 20/20 and he took a leap last year.

They really goofed by offering Brunson such a low ball deal last year. Could’ve been an easy guy to flip, but obviously hindsight is 20/20 and he took a leap last year.
If we're being honest, it probably didn't matter what they were offering Brunson.

It just made it easy for his pop to play it up and point to that on the way out to make things look cleaner.

Vincent Van Goat Vincent Van Goat D StaXX D StaXX N41D N41D Coupé It Coupé It Other Mavs/Luka fans - Is there any path to getting him some help, specifically a serious #2 anytime soon? They have him locked up, fully guaranteed through the 2026-2027 season but I don't want him to be worn down by then from carrying mediocre teams. Big First Cleveland Stint LeBron vibes |l

I’m waiting for Luka to want out of Dallas and come to the Knicks….

So I can’t discuss this topic objectively as it pertains to the Mavs.

All I’m going to say is…….

Dallas are on the clock when it comes to Luka’s future. ⏳

Back
Top Bottom