The Official NBA Season Thread: Free Agency Day

Man, truly one of my favorite NBA personalities. No one could derail commentary like him lol ancient history lessons, war-on-drug rants, romanticism, bear migration talk, meteors, shout outs to Wu-Tang. Never knew where he was gonna take things haha He was wild, inspired, and imaginative. Loved the game. RIP the legend.

I know two people who got to meet Bill personally and (not that anyone really doubted this) they both said he was 100 percent the same guy privately as he was on TV.

My little brother was college roommates with the son of one of Walton's teammates from UCLA. The families were friendly and lived near each other in the San Diego area. My bro went with the roommate down to SD for Spring break once and they went over to the Walton house. They encountered Bill having a nude hot tub session before heading up to do a Clippers game in LA. :lol:

And I think I've mentioned before that a childhood friend of mine is the guy who make the documentary "The Other Dream Team" about the 1992 Lithuanian Olympic team. Walton appears in the film, but he also helped my friend and his co-producer with trying to get the movie into film festivals, etc. My buddy showed me an e-mail that Bill wrote advocating for the movie and it read like one of his game call soliloquies about something. Talked about my friend "fighting the good fight" to get the film seen, threw in some historical references and song lyrics, etc. It was :nthat:

aw man, rip bill

greatest college player ever or atleast up there with the captain (kareem)

obviously never saw his peak but his mvp/finals mvp year was so fascinating historic wise

he seemed like he was the prototype for joker but only more athletic and planets better as a defender

seemed like a solid guy too

youngsabu.png

I don’t get what “revenge” Kyrie is taking on Boston. He said he would re-sign there, didn’t go to their Game 7 for the 2018 ECF, quit on the team in the playoffs the next year, then dipped. They didn’t screw him over in any way. If anything, it should be the Celtics getting revenge on him.

I don’t think Kyrie is in a “revenge” type of a place mentally/spiritually anyway. He’s moved beyond that.

But sure, Boston getting revenge on Kyrie. However you guys want it.

I just want to see Kyrie **** on the city of Boston. That’s all. And maybe witness it in person.

I grew up two hours from Portland and Bill Walton was a big deal in these parts.

I liked a lot of what he did, but also disliked a lot of what he did.

He was hilarious and inspirational at times.

…and just annoying at others.

Bill and Snapper Jones used to always argue on the NBC broadcasts. One of the rare times I remember them agreeing was that 2000 western conf finals game 7 in the 4th quarter, after the comeback when Steve Smith got fouled going to the cup. Still to this day is a terrible missed call.

Back
Top Bottom