The Official NBA Season Thread: Free Agency Day

I smoked a brisket flat on my BGE yesterday so today will be spent doing a clean burn to clean up the BGE
I don’t have no grill. A bunch of coworkers have and rave about the BGE. Does it work good as a smoker and grill?
F Cancer man. Hate that disease with everything that I have.
I hate Cancer. It killed my dear mum at 52. Killed her brother and sister.

RIP to the Walton family. I never saw him play but enjoyed his color on NBA telecasts.

I’ll never forget how important Walton was to the Celtics’ 86 title.

The Lakers had just come off of beating the Celtics to win the 85 championship and BOS knew it had to do better than Greg Kite as first big off the bench so they acquired Bill for the 85-86 season to hopefully matchup better against the Lakers ‘ big frontcourt.

Bill the new Celtic goes on to win 6MOY averaging less than 10 ppg and the Celtics don’t even end up facing the favorite Lakers in the Finals and instead beat the Sampson-Olajuwon twin tower Rockets for the 86 title. Without Walton helping Parish defend Akeem and Ralph, BOS doesn’t win that chip and Olajuwon ends up tying Bird with 3 rings

And what do the Lakers do the following season to counter the Celtics’ acquisition of Walton the prior year? Buss makes a trade for center Mychal Thompson to back up Kareem and the Lakers proceed to beat Walton and the Celtics in the 87 Finals, giving Magic and LAL 2 series victories over Bird and the Celtics in their three Finals matchups.

Walton was arguably Boston’s most valuable BIG on that Celtic championship season of 86

Rest easy Big Bill!!

Past his prime Bill had 7 blocks in this much anticipated regular season matchup vs LAL, and it showed the league Boston wasn’t messing around that season

Last edited:
I don’t have no grill. A bunch of coworkers have and rave about the BGE. Does it work good as a smoker and grill?

I hate Cancer. It killed my dear mum at 52. Killed her brother and sister.

RIP to the Walton family. I never saw him play but enjoyed his color on NBA telecasts.
I’m sorry about your mom. It took my mom as well. The BGE is ELITE as a smoker and grill. It is one of the best but any Kamado style grill including Kamado Joes are excellent. elpablo21 elpablo21 would post lots of amazing BBQ from his BGE in the BBQ thread

One guy is UNSTOPPABLE and the other is STRUGGLING...

a2powCL.jpeg

Y'all cats need to stop with the dumb narratives... Luka isn't better than Tatum.

I’m sorry about your mom. It took my mom as well. The BGE is ELITE as a smoker and grill. It is one of the best but any Kamado style grill including Kamado Joes are excellent. elpablo21 elpablo21 would post lots of amazing BBQ from his BGE in the BBQ thread
I’m sorry for your loss as well, brother.

And thank you for the feedback. I’ll throw it on the barbie…I mean list of things to buy for the home. I want something to help with meal prepping. Or to smoke a brisket or ribs.

One day will add a BGE to the lineup fammo. Good ol' Weber and a pellet smoker does fine for now.

Cancer took my close friend's mom this past week as well. We hate that disease all the same in here

So is post season going to be narrative driven for a lot of rear view retrospectives on Murray, the Phoenix team assembly, the Lillard trade, Embiid as a #1, option long term, the Knicks as a 2 seed, ANT being MJ resurrected, etc?

One guy is UNSTOPPABLE and the other is STRUGGLING...

a2powCL.jpeg

Y'all cats need to stop with the dumb narratives... Luka isn't better than Tatum.

If Luka was on the C's and played those hobbled teams he would be averaging 40 these playoffs. :lol:

Tatum is soft af.

How much cap do OKC have? An OG and Dort frontcourt would be hell defensively :sick:

Leaning even further into being the smallest team in the L and banking on OG being healthy and/or playing through any pain at all seems like a great plan for success.

Back
Top Bottom