The Official NBA Season Thread: Free Agency Day

I think you’re completely underestimating how difficult it is to win a title. Winning 1 title in 10 years is not something to be ashamed of in the least bit :lol:. I also don’t blame him for not running it back with that roster because it took a Bron epic choke for them to even win it.

It's 1 title in 20 years as the owner. Where I will give him credit for is before became the owner they was trash. They had the good run with Dirk which got a title. He badly mismanaged then after that title, now he got Luka due to the Hawks making that trade.

Can't wait til Bron leaves so you can disappear.

Bron Stans vs. Laker fans

the-rock-dwayne-johnson.gif

What was KPs problem with his role again? He wanted more plays & shots right?

I was gonna say in that same post that I'm not sure that whole trade and debacle is not discussed enough. The hype was INSANELY through the roof when the original trade happened and it ended in SPENCER DINWIDDIE.

They really thought they had Gen Z Bird + McHale :lol:

I don't know who there is to blame for how that all shook out (I'm sure multiple parties all share a part)...but KP has the worst reputation of all parties involved so I think everyone just left it there.

Why shouldn't she? Every other owner does. You hate women or something?

Owners get the least credit for winning across the board. As they should.

If Bron didn't decide to go to the Lakers Jeanie would have no success to speak of.

What was KPs problem with his role again? He wanted more plays & shots right?
I was gonna say in that same post that I'm not sure that whole trade and debacle is not discussed enough. The hype was INSANELY through the roof when the original trade happened and it ended in SPENCER DINWIDDIE.

They really thought they had Gen Z Bird + McHale :lol:

I don't know who there is to blame for how that all shook out (I'm sure multiple parties all share a part)...but KP has the worst reputation of all parties involved so I think everyone just left it there.
At the time of that move it was almost universally considered a heist and they were cooking with gas. Very few detractors anywhere in the basketball world.

Bubble KP was a glimpse of what it could’ve been. He was legitimately high-level All Star good in that bubble stretch/first series against the Clips before he got hurt.

Then he kept getting hurt. Carlisle stopped trusting him and did petty Rick Carlisle things. KP got jaded/Luka envy, etc.

The last injury issues blew his mobility and he just can't defend in what the L has moved to - at least not at high-level playoff hoops.

Big swing - a worthy risk at the time. It bombed. But they tried and most everyone at the time thought they hit a grand slam.

Last edited:
Surprising that everyone is talking about Cuban constructed teams and his only championship in 2011 but no one has mentioned the 2006 Finals appearance where they lost to D-Wade with the Refs as his #2.

Owners get the least credit for winning across the board. As they should.

If Bron didn't decide to go to the Lakers Jeanie would have no success to speak of.

I didn't say they deserve the most credit but especially in this case there is credit in some facet seeing as this is her family business and what led to to Bron even considering to come in the first place.

KP can’t move in space, it’s almost impossible to be a good playoff defense with him having to play drop and he can’t really create for himself on an elite level.

Nevermind the injury issues
In 2K he's a god but in real life he hasn't lived up to the "unicorn" moniker at all. Just flashes before another injury :smh:

KP can’t move in space, it’s almost impossible to be a good playoff defense with him having to play drop and he can’t really create for himself on an elite level.

Nevermind the injury issues

Yeah...but he had those limitations when they traded for him. In theory, that's supposed to be on the front office to account for those limitations in how they build the team around it's stars.

That whole thing ended UGLY for the plug to have been pulled so fast. It wasn't just they found out "this guy is injury prone and can't defend so we HAVE to pull the plug for whatever we can get right now".

Even with his limitations, he's the most talented player they've put next to Luka since they've had him. It wasn't supposed to end like that because he couldn't play drop and he's pie.

Back
Top Bottom