The Official NBA Season Thread: Free Agency Day

The Lakers put up a 103 offensive rating that series.

10 points worse than there regular season mark. And would have been good for like a bottom 5 offense that series.

So I wouldn't exactly call that food.

Kobe is great at making thought shots over good defense. That's what makes him special. Doesn't mean the defense was bad.
Kobe was on fire the entire series. He was eating all 5 games

Defense could have been great and so it makes what he did even more special. Especially since you point out the rest of his teammates were struggling offensively

The Lakers put up a 103 offensive rating that series.

10 points worse than there regular season mark. And would have been good for like a bottom 5 offense that series.

So I wouldn't exactly call that food.

Kobe is great at making thought shots over good defense. That's what makes him special. Doesn't mean the defense was bad.

Kobe put up 29 a game on 53/33/91 that series. He cooked their asses.

Kobe put up 29 a game on 53/33/91 that series. He cooked their asses.
He had that spring in his step that season and seemed more willing to not ball hog

Felt like the next two years where he actually won titles he was a “worse” version than the 07-08 Kobe

He had that spring in his step that season and seemed more willing to not ball hog

Felt like the next two years where he actually won titles he was a “worse” version than the 07-08 Kobe

I get it after nobody else really showed up in the Finals and he didn't particularly play up to his standards as well.

I'd say at least in the West playoffs in 09 & 10 he was better and even more determined than in 08. What he did to Denver and Phoenix in those WCF was criminal 34/6/6 on 48/34/93 and 34/7/8 on 52/43/88 respectively.

Unstoppable.

I get it after nobody else really showed up in the Finals and he didn't particularly play up to his standards as well.

I'd say at least in the West playoffs in 09 & 10 he was better and even more determined than in 08. What he did to Denver and Phoenix in those WCF was criminal 34/6/6 on 48/34/93 and 34/7/8 on 52/43/88 respectively.

Unstoppable.
True- I actually was thinking more so the regular season- I need to look back at his playoffs for all three of those finals runs

Of all the Nike sigs for this season that have been revealed, I only like the Sabrinas and the KD 16s.

I still have faith in the D. Books though.

Back in the lab for the James’. Bryce has too many advantages it seems now w/ the ‘n’ in NBA looking like nepotism.

Would be sick if this was a PR move to have Bronny silently bow out cuz he just doesn’t have the stuff and don’t wanna end up being Marcus 🤷 /devil’s advocate

I will not speculate further and glad dude is seemingly ok.

you are misunderstanding my point.
the point is the defense was great but Kobe was greater.
1690574167457.png

Back
Top Bottom