The Official NBA Season Thread: Free Agency Day

Yeah it's a shocking take that not preparing for the highest level of sport and mental illness can lead to physical injury. That's such a stretch to take in, isn't it? 💀

The idea you can't even be open to that as a possible explanation is baffling. But if you go back to my original post, I said I didn't feel bad for him the way I did Rose and Ball, guys who had awful luck on injuries that hobbled them. This guy was garbage long before he herniated a disk, both in effort and results. You can't accept that!

Another post proving the Baron of Brunch WASHED KING WASHED KING correct.

EYE am just glad they’re putting this show on display. This is what they do. Different rules for different players based upon how much they like said player.

Which isn’t necessarily wrong it’s sports, emotion is involved. But don’t pretend it’s coming from some objective place.

EYE am just glad they’re putting this show on display. This is what they do. Different rules for different players based upon how much they like said player.

Which isn’t necessarily wrong it’s sports, emotion is involved. But don’t pretend it’s coming from some objective place.
Different rules? Nah, different situations. Lonzo Ball and Derrick Rose didn't have their careers slide down after crying cause their teammates and fans made them feel bad for not shooting in the playoffs. They didn't stop playing basketball for the better part of a year for "mental" reasons and then suffer chronic injuries after coming back from their mental break.

I'd hope we could agree on the basic premise being different here.

Yeah it's a shocking take that not preparing for the highest level of sport and mental illness can lead to physical injury. That's such a stretch to take in, isn't it? 💀

The idea you can't even be open to that as a possible explanation is baffling. But if you go back to my original post, I said I didn't feel bad for him the way I did Rose and Ball, guys who had awful luck on injuries that hobbled them. This guy was garbage long before he herniated a disk, both in effort and results. You can't accept that!
In his last season in Philly he was an All-Star, finished 2nd in Defense Player of year voting, 12 in MVP voting, and got All-NBA votes.

This is the trash I can't accept

Ok famb.

It is clear you won't have an irrational dislike of Ben Simmons

My apologies :lol:

Brett brown wanted Benamin to attempt a couple 3s here and there and he rarely did that WHEN HEALTHY - forward a whole 6 years later and he is still the same person that dont shoot 3s as a PG. ( Dont say he dont need it because i was one of those fools)

You got Centers who never would even consider pulling couple years ago pulling up with confidence now

The guy dont care some seen it early on and some like myself didnt

You aint gotta hate the person but you sure can give him a hard time for not caring/getting better to better a team

He became all about himself like his **** didnt stink

i dont wish bad on him and i actually like the guy but ill be first to say i dont **** with how he went about the sixers situation

He 100% faked mental illness - EYE am not mad im here for ppl to get money but it does raise an eyebrow of who he is

… but according to certain posters on here, disliking Ben’s game/skills = we dislike him as a person :lol: :lol:

We could care less about this dudes personal life. We don’t know him or care to know him on that level.

It’s always been about him not working on his craft :lol:

In his last season in Philly he was an All-Star, finished 2nd in Defense Player of year voting, 12 in MVP voting, and got All-NBA votes.

This is the trash I can't accept

Ok famb.

It is clear you won't have an irrational dislike of Ben Simmons

My apologies :lol:
Except that wasn't his last season in Philly. And he finished that season by disappearing in the playoffs and then claiming mental illness after his teammates, fans, and coaches gave him hell for the garbage performance. He didn't play like an all-star in those playoffs and you're happy to ignore that part of the history!

Except that wasn't his last season in Philly. And he finished that season by disappearing in the playoffs and then claiming mental illness after his teammates, fans, and coaches gave him hell for the garbage performance. He didn't play like an all-star in those playoffs and you're happy to ignore that part of the history!
So because he had a bad series and held out, that makes him a trash player?

Oh, ok. Gotcha

And he was so trash after those things, the Nets were still willing to trade Harden for him.

Look at all you are doing just because people are showing a little sympathy for Ben Simmons for his back injury

So because he had a bad series and held out, that makes him a trash player?

Oh, ok. Gotcha

And he was so trash after those things, the Nets were still willing to trade Harden for him.
No, he's a trash player cause some criticism got so under his skin he said he might never play basketball again. And since then he's been injured and seemingly unengaged when he does play! You don't need a degree in rocket science to see something happened to him and his outlook on basketball after he stunk it up in April 2021. Something major.

No, he's a trash player cause some criticism got so under his skin he said he might never play basketball again. And since then he's been injured and seemingly unengaged when he does play! You don't need a degree in rocket science to see something happened to him and his outlook on basketball after he stunk it up in April 2021. Something major.
Like a repeated back injuries?

Like that?

Guy had red flags/flaws, but he was a very good player before the 2021 playoffs.
Not even doing this for the jokes, but it’s wild that you can pin-point this as the exact moment from which Ben Simmons’ NBA career has never been the same -

IMG_0064.jpeg

Yeah it's almost like it's POSSIBLE there's a link to him disappearing from the basketball court for a year and his injuries after he came back. It's crazy right?!

The human body is such a complex thing for you to use that as your reasoning is absolutely insane.

Using the same logic I think it’s fair we can critique Jordan for retiring his first time and leaving the Bulls to go play baseball. It was selfish, a gimmick and showed a lack of desire for the sport.

I think saying “Harden-dependent” is a bit inaccurate. The Clippers can function and be good without him; they’re just much, much better when he’s good.

It’s a testament to how elite he is at running the P-n-R. When he get’s that going it really just unlocks everything in the Clippers offense.

Last edited:
Whats crazy is us philly fans would have been cool if he was up front and said he needed time for his back to rest. He WAS SUPPOSED TO BE A PIECE OF THE CORE and continue running it back.

INSTEAD he used MENTAL ILLNESS to get out of the situation after everything happened after that playoff series

He held out in spite of everything that spiraled out of control

That will rub a lot of ppl wrong and rightfully so but doesn't mean you have to dislike the guy

He had 4 years left in the contract 4

The human body is such a complex thing for you to use that as your reasoning is absolutely insane.

Using the same logic I think it’s fair we can critique Jordan for retiring his first time and leaving the Bulls to go play baseball. It was selfish, a gimmick and showed a lack of desire for the sport.
It was certainly selfish but it’s actually a great example cause we saw how tough coming back was for him. He didn’t get injured but he wasn’t himself.

It’s almost like it’s not advisable to forego a year or two of your career and not practice your craft in that time!

Yeah it's almost like it's POSSIBLE there's a link to him disappearing from the basketball court for a year and his injuries after he came back. It's crazy right?!
At the beginning of the season and besides not attacking enough on offense, he looked like his old athletic self

He was blowing by anyone he wanted, he was disruptive on defense, he was getting to wherever he wanted in transition. It was a clear improvement from last season

So you mean to tell me after looking like he made a full recovery, his back went out again because of the stress of some that that happened over two years ago?

Sorry, but that seems like a massive and rather silly reach.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom