The Official NBA Season Thread: Free Agency Day

Tatum one assist from a triple double but he’s “Not showing up” :lol: :lol: :lol:

I just don’t understand what buddy is supposed to do

Game 1 vs Miami: Triple double with 2 steals, +3
Game 3 @ Miami: 11 boards, 6 assists, 1 block, +22
Game 3 @ Miami: 11 boards, 5 assists, only 1 turnover, +12
Game 1 vs Cleveland: 11 boards, 5 assists, 3 blocks, +18
Game 1 vs Dallas: 11 boards, 5 assists, +19

And last night:

Shooting poorly but contributing to wins in other ways. And most importantly, looks like he wants to be there.

Exactly why Tatum discourse is stupid.

Going back even further, I NEVER understood why the Pels were compelled to trade Jrue. Once they traded him, they immediately had a PG problem and tried to replace him, they had Ball for a short stint then traded him as well.

Jrue or a Healthy Ball is exactly what they need right now and are good fits next to CJ.

Exactly why Tatum discourse is stupid.
Really thats why? So your gonna ignore he's probably playing the 4th or 5th best on the team right now? Yeah hes playing defense, but the whole team is. The discourse is not stupid. Bro has worse shooting efficiency than Iverson and he's 6'10. He needs to take less shots. 6-19, and 6-21 is ***. You can make a argument that they are winning in spite of his abysmal shooting

Going back even further, I NEVER understood why the Pels were compelled to trade Jrue. Once they traded him, they immediately had a PG problem and tried to replace him, they had Ball for a short stint then traded him as well.

Jrue or a Healthy Ball is exactly what they need right now and are good fits next to CJ.
Jrue asked to be traded.

Game 1: 12 PTS | 6-19 FG | 0-5 3PT | 3 REB
Game 2: 16 PTS | 7-18 FG | 0-3 3PT | 2 REB

You don't pass, you don't rebound, you don't playmake, you don't defend. You do ONE thing and you're not even doing it. It's not good. Hope Kyrie turns it around in Dallas

I cant hate Brad Stevens for the analytic approach to the team construction because it works, but damn it makes for boring basketball. They drive and just hunt open 3's all game lol. But it works! The math is the math, but it makes them super boring. It seems like Houser, White, Holiday, and Horford never miss a kick out 3

It's about him tiring out over the course of the game.
He’s the only person playing on the team worth a damn and they’re helping off and sending late doubles now.
Game 1 vs Miami: Triple double with 2 steals, +3
Game 3 @ Miami: 11 boards, 6 assists, 1 block, +22
Game 3 @ Miami: 11 boards, 5 assists, only 1 turnover, +12
Game 1 vs Cleveland: 11 boards, 5 assists, 3 blocks, +18
Game 1 vs Dallas: 11 boards, 5 assists, +19

And last night:

Shooting poorly but contributing to wins in other ways. And most importantly, looks like he wants to be there.

Y’all write different rules for players depending on if y’all like them or not :lol:. I see it.

Game 1: 12 PTS | 6-19 FG | 0-5 3PT | 3 REB
Game 2: 16 PTS | 7-18 FG | 0-3 3PT | 2 REB

You don't pass, you don't rebound, you don't playmake, you don't defend. You do ONE thing and you're not even doing it. It's not good. Hope Kyrie turns it around in Dallas
He hasn’t had a good first two games in the finals but he was passing playmaking and defending most of the playoffs

It’s why they got to the finals to begin with

Boston is a different animal. It was fun ****ting on them for playing with their meats up to this point but they’re a Damb menace

Tatum ain’t shooting worth a Damb and porzingis is playing limited minutes yet they’re dominating the series. Other dudes got their backs

He hasn’t had a good first two games in the finals but he was passing playmaking and defending most of the playoffs

It’s why they got to the finals to begin with

Boston is a different animal. It was fun ****ting on them for playing with their meats up to this point but they’re a Damb menace

Tatum ain’t shooting worth a Damb and porzingis is playing limited minutes yet they’re dominating the series. Other dudes got their backs
Maybe I'm being too harsh, but their only chance of winning this series was for both Luka and Kyrie to play perfect and so far he isn't. I want him to turn it around though.

Maybe I'm being too harsh, but their only chance of winning this series was for both Luka and Kyrie to play perfect and so far he isn't. I want him to turn it around though.
No you’re not. I was just replying to the point of Irving only doing one thing. There are zero excuses for either team

The Mavs need to perform at a higher level to give them a chance to win the series compared to the Celtics.. specifically Luka and Irving to your point

Celtics have such a Damb good team and on top of that damb good talent. I know it’s the hip thing to slander them but they’re not that unlikable for me

The wolves or clippers were way easier

This also goes to show you, that not everybody can be an effective high volume player. For most players, the less they are asked to do the more efficient they are gonna be. That's why I hate the argument of " if such and such player shot as many times as the such and such they would average the same points" Nope. Being a high volume effective player is a skill in itself. If Tatum shot 10 shots instead of 21 I guarantee his FG% goes way up next game.

It's interesting that people wrote off all the very easily accessible stats on how the Celtics destroy teams and picked the Mavs in this series just cause they hate the Celtics or "racist Boston fans". The matchups are awful at almost every position besides Luka. Al Horford is dominating everyone on defense. Tatum can't hit the broad side of a barn but he's still absolutely massacring Kyrie in every other facet of the game.

How does a team miss 29 3's and still win? Has to be complete domination of their opponents defensively. Hell, even the rebounding advantage Dallas had last night is deceptive because of those 29 missed 3's. There's no facet of the game where you can say Dallas has an advantage.

If you're a Mavs fan the only positive you can take away from this game was Kyrie attacking some in the 4th quarter. I just don't see that changing the trajectory of this series when Lively, DJJ, and PJW are all complete duds on both sides of the ball.

It's interesting that people wrote off all the very easily accessible stats on how the Celtics destroy teams and picked the Mavs in this series just cause they hate the Celtics or "racist Boston fans". The matchups are awful at almost every position besides Luka. Al Horford is dominating everyone on defense. Tatum can't hit the broad side of a barn but he's still absolutely massacring Kyrie in every other facet of the game.

How does a team miss 29 3's and still win? Has to be complete domination of their opponents defensively. Hell, even the rebounding advantage Dallas had last night is deceptive because of those 29 missed 3's. There's no facet of the game where you can say Dallas has an advantage.

If you're a Mavs fan the only positive you can take away from this game was Kyrie attacking some in the 4th quarter. I just don't see that changing the trajectory of this series when Lively, DJJ, and PJW are all complete duds on both sides of the ball.
I also think people got too caught up in how allegedly “unimpressive” the Celtics looked getting through the East playoffs. Even though they never won a series in more than 5 games. LOL.

I also think people got too caught up in how allegedly “unimpressive” the Celtics looked getting through the East playoffs. Even though they never won a series in more than 5 games. LOL.
I think that comes down to overvaluing the quality of WC teams vs east. The west may have better teams, but when you get down to the final 8 or 4 teams I think the disparity is less than the average fan would like to believe.

To be fair every opponent the Celtics played leading up to the Finals were missing their best player or their best player didn't finish the series. Dallas went through the gauntlet, a.k.a. the West

Back
Top Bottom