The Official NBA Season Thread: Pre-Season Games Underway | RIP Dikembe Mutombo 🙏

GOOD MORNING AND HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND
IMG_9654.jpeg

Sam Mitchell is one of those rare guys who is probably super self conscious about his career as a coach, rather than as a player. He's probably resentful for not getting another head coaching opportunity after being COY during his stint in Toronto. But, he was so old school, and the NBA had passed him by. Probably an okay assistant, but not a head coach at all but the 2010s.

By comparison, George Karl took three different franchises to conference finals (and one Finals). Many former players talk crap about him, but he got results almost everywhere he went. He's content with his coaching career, and is a HOFer. Mitchell just seems slighted.

Well said.

On point with the George Karl thing too. You hear Gary Paytonor Sam Cassell talk about Karl, and they rocked with him heavy.

Then you hear Melo, Cousins & JR smith talk about George Karl, and it’s completely different. Even like a decade can make a difference.

Something to be said about timing and when you catch people in their careers too. Both coaches and players. As well as league wide attitudes and norms.

Yeah, a guy like Sam Mitchell couldn’t be a coach in today’s NBA at all. I can understand the resentment.

Well said.

On point with the George Karl thing too. You hear Gary Paytonor Sam Cassell talk about Karl, and they rocked with him heavy.

Then you hear Melo, Cousins & JR smith talk about George Karl, and it’s completely different. Even like a decade can make a difference.

Something to be said about timing and when you catch people in their careers too. Both coaches and players. As well as league wide attitudes and norms.

Yeah, a guy like Sam Mitchell couldn’t be a coach in today’s NBA at all. I can understand the resentment.
Karl and Ray Allen didn't get along in Milwaukee by the end. I remember Karl called Ray soft after he traded him to Seattle.

Damn. I actually missed this part :lol:. I was talking about how angry he seemed at the co-host when talking about the preseason stats and the kings defense….but I didn’t know it got here. Yikes

That's why you don't play with them old school black men. :lol:

They don't care about no trollin and all that goofy stuff.

Back
Top Bottom