The Official NBA Season Thread: Pre-Season Games Underway | RIP Dikembe Mutombo šŸ™

I mean obviously heā€™s earned everything heā€™s done but acting like heā€™s this massive underdog story has always been nasty when heā€™s literally had every advantage you could imagine to get to this point. Thatā€™s pretty undeniable on top of him being one of the most special talents to play the sport. Both of these things can be true.
They are. I love nepsotism overall. It gave us a special talent and I wish everyone had the opportunity that Steph Curry had.

I mean obviously heā€™s earned everything heā€™s done but acting like heā€™s this massive underdog story has always been nasty when heā€™s literally had every advantage you could imagine to get to this point. Thatā€™s pretty undeniable on top of him being one of the most special talents to play the sport. Both of these things can be true.
I get this but I donā€™t think cause a dude didnā€™t grow up struggling didnā€™t mean he didnā€™t have to overcome some adversity to make it where he is. The same advantages can breed a lack of that dawg

From no high major offers to a top 10 player in this era is a feat

I guess that takes Utah out of the Kuzma sweepstakes? And to a lesser extent, Grant Williams.

Beal was also preaching the same ā€œloyaltyā€ message but no one other than the Wiz FO believed it.

The moment he signed, he knew he was out of there in a year or two.

Dame on the other hand was genuine to wanting to win with the franchise, but heā€™s times up and he needs to admit it.

Being loyal to the Washington Wizards was never believable

I still like Collins, he was just a bad fit with what the Hawks do.

Not sure about the fit with Utah either. I would've liked to seen him in Indy.

I get this but I donā€™t think cause a dude didnā€™t grow up struggling didnā€™t mean he didnā€™t have to overcome some adversity to make it where he is. The same advantages can breed a lack of that dawg

From no high major offers to a top 10 player in this era is a feat
But I donā€™t even think itā€™s just about struggling. He literally grew up in a NBA locker room :lol:. I praise him for taking advantage of what he had, and there are certainly plenty of dudes who didnā€™t or donā€™t have his ability. But heā€™s not this underdog story man. Thereā€™s a reason why the league is trending towards more and more kids from former players and/or more privileged backgrounds as this business grows bigger and bigger.

Back
Top Bottom