The Official NBA Season Thread: Puerto Rico vs Serbia at 11:15 | USA vs South Sudan at 3

Wonder if we'll ever hear how "real" the CP/Harden beef was if they felt the need to force that WB trade
I feel like CP’s attitude eventually gets on the whole locker rooms nerves. Like he’s cool off the court but you don’t want to be in a huddle with him. Dude is the real life Scrappy Doo that eventually gets annoying. I’d be shocked if he makes it through the season with real winners in GS who ain’t trying to hear his “pep talks.”

SmartSelect_20230718_151256_Twitter.jpg

191f7e8f8f129fd017be709a211a13ce.jpg

SmartSelect_20230718_151411_Chrome.jpg

But the bad package for harden are 3 role players. Period.

The “bad package” for Lillard is 3 first rounders. A 6th man of the year type player and a young first round prospect (Jacquez)+ Salary filler and they taking back Nurkic AND Dame is owed 60+ a year next three years.

What is Harden really worth anymore? His game has taken a nosedive since they changed the creating contact on shooting rules, and he’s NBA old now. Him and Trae Young have diminished greatly since that rule change.

But the bad package for harden are 3 role players. Period.

The “bad package” for Lillard is 3 first rounders. A 6th man of the year type player and a young first round prospect (Jacquez)+ Salary filler and they taking back Nurkic AND Dame is owed 60+ a year next three years.
That’s 3 non lottery picks, a sixth man, and a role player for an all nba talent who just averaged 27 and 7 on 46/37/91 splits. Wouldn’t be surprised if he has 2-3 more seasons of high production. Top 10-15 players in the NBA make a lot of money 🤷🏻‍♂️

Nurkic’s $17M isn’t the albatross contract some people make it out to be. If he’s diminishing the return then keep him out of the deal.

Crazy that them OKC boys were the weakest superstars of this generation.

Only real one on those teams was Ibaka

What is Harden really worth anymore? His game has taken a nosedive since they changed the creating contact on shooting rules, and he’s NBA old now. Him and Trae Young have diminished greatly since that rule change.
He’s not worth a ton, but he did just lead the league in assists per game this past year while shooting decently and playing in a weird offensive scheme.

Can still have random games where he can take over.

Just can’t rely on him to be your main guy night in night out.

Honestly, I don't know. I personally thought he was great for Philly last year being a floor general and helped Embiid win two scoring titles and two MVP caliber seasons.

He lead the league in assists and can be a second or third scoring option. The problem is that we are comparing this version of Harden with what he used to be.

He's not a max player, but he's definitely worth more than two or three role players. But it's also the demand as I can't think of team you can plug him into that will immediately increase the chances of them winning a chip.

The PG position is very crowded and Philly may very well be the best spot for him.

Back
Top Bottom