The Official NBA Season Thread: Puerto Rico vs Serbia at 11:15 | USA vs South Sudan at 3

Me watching tyrese and don get cooked on defense every night
shaquille-o-neal-shaq.gif

Speaking of chaos/riot situations like the aforementioned Jan 6 posts have y'all seen the new ESPN 30 for 30 I'm Just Here for the Riot? It's on the Vancouver riot that took place in the downtown area following the Canucks losing the Stanley Cup Final in 2011. I watched about half earlier and very shocking (and not at the same time) how destruction from a few can lead to hundreds following suit vandalizing property, looting, fighting, etc. It's been an interesting watch thus far though.

I think people are underestimate how good the 04 pistons would be with modern strategies.

The defense is nasty in any era.

Chauncey, Rip and Sheed would up their 3 point volume.

The rim protection and size of a Sheed, Ben wallace, and Young tayshaun line up would be tough to deal with.

We've seen a comeback of size and rim protection. All the teams in the final 4 this year had traditional 5s a big 4s.

If we are playing with 2024 playoff rules. I think the 04 pistons have a way better shot than people think.

They could turn it into a rock fight.

I think people are underestimate how good the 04 pistons would be with modern strategies.

The rim protection and size of a Sheed, Ben wallace, and Young tayshaun line up would be tough to deal with.

We've seen a comeback of size and rim protection. All the teams in the final 4 this year had traditional 5s a big 4s.

If we are playing with 2024 playoff rules. I think the 04 pistons have a way better shot than people think.

So am I right in assuming your position is....

They wouldn't get washed as bad as people think they would, but they are still losing.

04 Ben Wallace would have Draymond scared for his life. Wouldn’t be doing the fake tough guy act against Ben

The hell kind of rock fight are they forcing KD/Steve/Klay into?

And Dray has had success guarding much more talented players than Sheed.

The Houston Rockets defense was able to slow them down, turned it into a slog. Held them under 100 twice.

I think 04 pistons do even better.

The Houston Rockets defense was able to slow them down, turned it into a slog. Held them under 100 twice.

With two centers playing big minutes it’s difficult to see how they’re replicating Houston’s success.

With that lineup they’d have to concede a lot of open jumpers…. To 3 historically great jump shooters.

With two centers playing big minutes it’s difficult to see how they’re replicating Houston’s success.

With that lineup they’d have to concede a lot of open jumpers…. To 3 historically great jump shooters.

I don't think they need to concede open jumpers. was Ben Wallace less mobile than Clint Capela? PJ Tucker?

If you had to do it go Wallace at 5 Tayshaun at 4 and switch everything.

but again if we play with 2024 rules on perimeter physicality. I think they keep Wallace and Sheed on the floor together.

Tayshaun, Wallace and Sheed is just a ton of rim protection at 5-3. You could have any of them get way up on the pick and still have rim protection behind them.

What if I told you the Rockets were probably better equipped personnel-wise to defend GSW?

And even in this hypothetical rock fight of holding GSW under 100, does Detroit somehow get to 90? Don’t see it.

What if I told you the Rockets were probably better equipped personnel-wise to defend GSW?

i think detroit is as good or better. it would just involve different strategy then they used in in the 2000s.

And even in this hypothetical rock fight of holding GSW under 100, does Detroit somehow get to 90? Don’t see it.

the offense is the problem and involves more hypothesizing, which is why ultimately id lean GSW.

but I do think the pistons offense would look a lot better if they increased their 3 point volume. but again they involves more hypothesizing.

I don't think they need to concede open jumpers. was Ben Wallace less mobile than Clint Capela? PJ Tucker?

If you had to do it go Wallace at 5 Tayshaun at 4 and switch everything.

but again if we play with 2024 rules on perimeter physicality. I think they keep Wallace and Sheed on the floor together.

Tayshaun, Wallace and Sheed is just a ton of rim protection at 5-3. You could have any of them get way up on the pick and still have rim protection behind them.
With 2 big lineups instinctively whichever big ends up as the low man is going to sink for rim protection. We’ve seen it a hundred times. That’s kinda the entire point of a two big lineup.

They’d be forced to sit one of those guys.

Tay at the 4 would be the lineup, then you’re just praying like the rockets were. Games would be competitive but you don’t beat that Warriors team 4 times by playing only one end of the floor

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom