The Official NBA Season Thread: Puerto Rico vs Serbia at 11:15 | USA vs South Sudan at 3

Bro took 16 shots to score 16 points and many media members are going to excuse the inefficiency.
Basketball is more than scoring and his team won,who cares beside people who want to find something about him to complain about.

Kyrie took 16 shots and did even worse and his team lost so doesn’t seem like much needing excusing for a guy with 16-11-5 in a finals win
Kyrie does not get the same praise or is looked at as a franchise level player like Tatum is bro cmon. We all know this is what Kyrie does. If we are putting them on the same level as player then fine. Lets give Brown the FMVP too

Listen you play to win the game. I'm not gonna criticize Tatum for winning. I applaud him for not forcing things. But I don't wanna hear how he gets overlooked or he's underrated or he's top 5 or he's the next American face or any of that. That's all I'm saying.

Kyrie does not get the same praise or is looked at as a franchise level player like Tatum is bro cmon. We all know this is what Kyrie does. If we are putting them on the same level as player then fine. Lets give Brown the FMVP too
Kyrie has had media personalities saying he’s inch for inch the most talented basketball player in the world the past two weeks. And he didn’t get that much hate for possibly his worst playoff game of all time while toting that basketball around everywhere.

You sound hung up on the dude.

Reactions: OTG
Kyrie has had media personalities saying he’s inch for inch the most talented basketball player in the world the past two weeks. And he didn’t get that much hate for possibly his worst playoff game of all time while toting that basketball around everywhere.

You sound hung up on the dude.
I don't look at Kyrie as that. I believe he's one of the best 2nd options of all time. Never thought he could lead a team as a number 1 nowhere. I'm not hung up on Tatum, I'm more hung up on the dialogue around Tatum.

I don't look at Kyrie as that. I believe he's one of the best 2nd options of all time. Never thought he could lead a team as a number 1 nowhere. I'm not hung up on Tatum, I'm more hung up on the dialogue around Tatum.
Getting hung up on perceptions of media narratives is hilarious. But you are a drake fan so I guess general perception is important to you 😂

A lot of the Tatum discourse is framed as Boston being so good that they win in spite of him (which is sometimes true) but they're as good as they are because of Tatum buying in. Sometimes a 16 point night while playing defense, grabbing boards, & making the right reads is all it takes.

Is Tatum’s shot selection terrible/frustrating at times?Yes….Is he overrrated?No,he’s rated where he should be.He’s a top 5-7 player, people just have unrealistic expectations of him. 5 ECF & 2 finals appearances in 7 seasons is elite stuff,people gotta chill on him.

Bill Simmons stole my Tatum = John Havelcheik comparison.

but it's accurate.

Havelcheik was a top 5-7 player on a really good a deep team that won lots of championships.

but he only had like 1 top 5 MVP finish.

he wasn't as good as Jerry West, or Oscar or Kareem. he was a tier below. He was good to very good at everything at everything, but no one game breaking skill.

That's what Tatum is, he doesn't have a game breaking skill, if he could generate better shots consistently he would, but he can't because he's a tier below the super elite offensive weapons.

he could win 3 or 4 chips, it won't really change the perception of him. top 5-7 player. Future HOFer, but not MVP level player.

Getting hung up on perceptions of media narratives is hilarious. But you are a drake fan so I guess general perception is important to you 😂
1717773853922.png

low blow lol. Yall got it man. I wont come at Tatum no more.

Bill Simmons stole my Tatum = John Havelcheik comparison.

but it's accurate.

Havelcheik was a top 5-7 player on a really good a deep team that won lots of championships.

but he only had like 1 top 5 MVP finish.

he wasn't as good as Jerry West, or Oscar or Kareem. he was a tier below. He was good to very good at everything at everything, but no one game breaking skill.

That's what Tatum is, he doesn't have a game breaking skill, if he could generate better shots consistently he would, but he can't because he's a tier below the super elite offensive weapons.

he could win 3 or 4 chips, it won't really change the perception of him. top 5-7 player. Future HOFer, but not MVP level player.
I agree with a lot of that but he can and often is the C’s best offensive player.

I agree with a lot of that but he can and often is the C’s best offensive player.
sure I agree, but like we all know he's not like Joker or Luka.
he's not a game breaker.

he's on a really good deep team with insane amounts of spacing and he's the #1 option. he's very very good, he can get hot and have legendary games.

but no one thinks you can just give him the ball without elite spacing, and he's just going to carry people like Joker, Luka or even SGA can.

There is no Tatum hate. He’s just overrated. And all season people were trying to put him in the MVP convo or best player debates all because of team record and “two way ability”.

He didn't finish top 5 in MVP voting and got zero first place votes. I think most people agree that he's very good but not quite on the level of the league's best players. Seems properly rated to me. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

IMG_3253.jpeg

A lot of the Tatum discourse is framed as Boston being so good that they win in spite of him (which is sometimes true) but they're as good as they are because of Tatum buying in. Sometimes a 16 point night while playing defense, grabbing boards, & making the right reads is all it takes.
He’s more or less leading the team in the 5 major statistical categories in the playoffs :lol:

Usually leads team in +/- even in games he doesn’t necessarily shoot well.

Can play 40+ min a night and rarely ever misses games. Can’t just replace him with any guy.

Interesting discourse for a dude that pretty much everybody places in that 5-7 range.

The crazy thing to me this postseason is how great of a job Horford has done when switched onto a pg. When he was locking Garland down, I was laughing at Garland, but now I’ve seen him stay in front of kyrie and Luka too. He was playing kyrie so tough in the 4th last night that Kyrie was literally tripping over himself trying to get around Horford :lol:

Back
Top Bottom