The Official NBA Season Thread: Rank the NBA Cities

The Rudy Gobert hate is so hilarious. From lively to Shaq, that **** is jokes.

It’s def swung too far the other way but that’s what happens when the media and the nerds hype up and reward Gobert with accolades like he’s a top 75 player all time. If he didn’t have those awards the hate would be 100x less harsh.

The media and nerds have never hyped him up as a top 75 player.

Hes like a 2x all star, that won 4 dpoys because other players weren’t as good defensively as he was during an 82 game regular season.

Nothing has swung. Gobert was never “loved” by the media :lol:. What are you taking about man? The hate BEEN overboard. And it’s just juvenile **** because he’s goofy looking/moving and “has no bag”

That’s it. Ppl will tell you they hate him because he “started Covid” but that’s another lie too :lol:

The clippers series cooked him. I don’t personally have a problem with lively talking about him, he outplayed Gobert as a rookie. Doubt he has the accolades Gobert has but let the young man talk. Shaq hates al bigs. Draymond has a legit beef on top of him being Draymond.

Come on, fellas. We really don’t need to go Big Rudy Thread AGAIN. Dig down, be better, rise above.

Anyone discover a new delicious snack they’d like to share with the group?

The clippers series cooked him. I don’t personally have a problem with lively talking about him, he outplayed Gobert as a rookie. Doubt he has the accolades Gobert has but let the young man talk. Shaq hates al bigs. Draymond has a legit beef on top of him being Draymond.

Great defenders get cooked. It happens.

None of y’all said anything positive or even acknowledged how great Rudy was against KD-Booker-Beal.

Like that’s impressive for any defender, and definitely him, since that’s what he’s criticized the most at….not being able to Stop 30ppg hall of fame perimeter players on switches = an undeserving, overrated and unplayable bum to the overwhelming majority of nba fans.

It’s sick

Rudy is too much of a non factor when it matters at what he is supposedly great at that's the issue.

Empty stats.

Will record blocks in the regular season rotating as backside help on guards in the regular season though. Come playoff time he's useless.

Great defenders get cooked. It happens.

None of y’all said anything positive or even acknowledged how great Rudy was against KD-Booker-Beal.

Like that’s impressive for any defender, and definitely him, since that’s what he’s criticized the most at….not being able to Stop 30ppg hall of fame perimeter players on switches = an undeserving, overrated and unplayable bum to the overwhelming majority of nba fans.

It’s sick
Im not saying great defense doesn’t get cooked it happens. It works both ways. They put the clamps on the suns, he gets credit. Never mind mcdaniels and ant. He’s out there dancing against the clippers, Mitchell and ingles can’t guard. Then it became the on/off numbers against the Mavs. He’s an impactful defender. I won’t argue that though.

Hes not the defender Draymond and AD are and his defensive accolades shouldn’t be towering over theirs.

Im not saying great defense doesn’t get cooked it happens. It works both ways. They put the clamps on the suns, he gets credit. Never mind mcdaniels and ant. He’s out there dancing against the clippers, Mitchell and ingles can’t guard. Then it became the on/off numbers against the Mavs. He’s an impactful defender. I won’t argue that though.

Hes not the defender Draymond and AD are and his defensive accolades shouldn’t be towering over theirs.
This is a separate discussion of talent/ability and production during the regular season.

In the grand scheme of things it doesn't matter, but for someone like AD, who is on the other side of 30, he should have at least 1 DPOY. Goburr just getting the nod every year when it's clear he isn't better than everyone just doesn't make sense.

He's not a media darling. He isn't revered around the league (His own teammate said Porkzingus was better). People legit blamed him for the league shutting down. I don't understand why he's a shoe-in for the award year after year. This year was even more confounding as AD/Bam/Wemby were all better.

This is a separate discussion of talent/ability and production during the regular season.

Exactly. I need addict4sneakers addict4sneakers To show me the years Draymond or AD should’ve been regular season DPOY over Gobert? I think it was only like 1 year, where it was between Dray & Rudy

Rudy winning awards because AD was “glass” as y’all called him, and Draymond missing time because he’s crazy does not mean that Rudy Gobert isn’t a great defender in the regular season that is routinely available and reliable.

We know with Rudy as an anchor on defense, that you’ll have a top 5 defensive team, and be a playoff team. What happens after that is all matchups etc.

In the grand scheme of things it doesn't matter, but for someone like AD, who is on the other side of 30, he should have at least 1 DPOY. Goburr just getting the nod every year when it's clear he isn't better than everyone just doesn't make sense.

He's not a media darling. He isn't revered around the league (His own teammate said Porkzingus was better). People legit blamed him for the league shutting down. I don't understand why he's a shoe-in for the award year after year. This year was even more confounding as AD/Bam/Wemby were all better.

Rudy was deserving in the regular season this year. Just as much (if not more than AD/Bam/Wemby).

Did we all forget overnight that Anthony Davis has been routinely criticized for his lack of availability and effort?

Rudy just came off of a year, where he was one of the best 3 players on a team that won 50 something games, and went to the WCF.

What are we really taking about here? Bam is a hell of a defender too. Wemby too. Them not getting that award does not mean they aren’t in the running. And now, Rudy will never win that award again….no matter how deserving and consistent he might actually be in the regular season. So I guess that makes up for it 🤷🏾‍♂️

Exactly. I need addict4sneakers addict4sneakers To show me the years Draymond or AD should’ve been regular season DPOY over Gobert? I think it was only like 1 year, where it was between Dray & Rudy

Rudy winning awards because AD was “glass” as y’all called him, and Draymond missing time because he’s crazy does not mean that Rudy Gobert isn’t a great defender in the regular season that is routinely available and reliable.

We know with Rudy as an anchor on defense, that you’ll have a top 5 defensive team, and be a playoff team. What happens after that is all matchups etc.
Marcus smart robbed draymond one year.
Rudy robbed Giannis 18-19
Rudy robbed wemby last year.

So that’s 2 fugazi awards.

Marcus smart robbed draymond one year.
Rudy robbed Giannis 18-19
Rudy robbed wemby last year.

So that’s 2 fugazi awards.

He didn’t “rob” wemby. Rudy was deserving, Wemby was deserving as well.

Calling Giannis in 2019 a robbery, when no one remembers that is far fetched too :lol:.

So even if we took it at the way you described it, Rudy Gobert is a 2X DPOY, that the overwhelming majority of fans and the nba media think is an overrated bum.

Sickness

He didn’t “rob” wemby. Rudy was deserving, Wemby was deserving as well.

Calling Giannis in 2019 a robbery, when no one remembers that is far fetched too :lol:.

So even if we took it at the way you described it, Rudy Gobert is a 2X DPOY, that the overwhelming majority of fans and the nba media think is an overrated bum.

Sickness
Giannis led the league in DPBM by a wide margin. Milwaukee had the #1 defensive rating too. EYE remember.

Wemby averaged more blocks and steals and had a higher DBPM on a considerably worse roster. You can check the tape, that was one of the most feared seasons ever.

Him being 2x DPOY means he’s rated appropriately for his generation and amongst his peers. Putting him in Olajuwon talks is the true sickness, Wavster.

Back
Top Bottom