The Official NBA Season Thread: Schedules Released

At some point your Canada hometown favor must stop.

imo because prime Steph Curry came up pretty soon after Nash
the scale of Nash's offensive impact has been kinda forgotten,

he was the PG of like 6 of the 10 greatest offensives relative to league average of all time when he retired.

2016 GSW +8.1
2010 PHO +7.7
2007 PHO +7.4
2005 PHO +8.4
2004 DAL +9.2

2004 SAC +7.4
2003 DAL +7.1
2002 DAl +7.7

1998 UTA +7.7
1997 CHI +7.7
1996 CHI +7.6
1992 CHI +7.3
1988 BOS +7.4
1987 LAL +7.3
1982 DEN +7.4

I think people look back and think oh Kidd or like a Payton were somewhat close to Nash offensively.
it's not close at all. totally different scale of impact.

I find it so hard to judge Stockton and Isiah

- Stocktons ridiculous style of play, being insanely passive as a scorer, but still getting a ton of steals and being insanely efficient.

- Isaiah's, the stats look weak, but the playoff performances and the eye test of old heads back him.

I find it so hard to judge Stockton and Isiah

- Stocktons ridiculous style of play, being insanely passive as a scorer, but still getting a ton of steals and being insanely efficient.

- Isaiah's, the stats look weak, but the playoff performances and the eye test of old heads back him.
Stockton feels like Super Rondo to me. Definitely helped to play alongside one of the best PFs of all-time for basically his entire career. Still deserves to be top 10 IMO.

I ride for Zeke. Everyone from that time period says he could do it all and was a killer. Won a couple chips. Good in my book.

I forget Amare missed the 06' season and Nash still carried the offense to the best in the league

Wild
This was right after Amare looked like the Second Coming in that Spurs series. I’ve never seen Duncan get repeatedly scored on like that game after game.

After you get past the championship guys, Nash is the very first name that should be mentioned

1724211323404.png

Nash is in the elite 50 40 90 club too. Those Nash led 7 seconds or less Suns back then really paved the way for the offensive oriented trends seen today. The way he would break down defenses dribbling under the basket was fun to watch, pretty remarkable to see such an 'unathletic' player dominate like that.

Lmaoooo.

But...

Damn they got secret cameras with hot mikes in the training room? That's weak af tho. Dudes can't be themselves even in the training rooms? Always gotta be on brand.

Diaw so underrated. Buddy could hoop hoop. And was chill af.

Boris Diaw tells the story about how Terry Porter yelled at him for taking an open 3 so next game he would deliberately get to the basket and not shoot, kick out every time because he apparently doesnt know what a good shot is.

Offensively he's already so much better than jaylen brown. So he can definitely be one of those ones if he stays locked in and focused on what he says he wants. He has the physical tools. I think team success pays a part in awards though even if they say it doesn't, so his game has to translate to some dubs too

Back
Top Bottom