The Official NBA Season Thread: USA vs Serbia at 11:15 ET on NBC/Peacock | Durant Cleared for Action

FbNJKSTXkAEg8Pc.jpg

I know drinking and driving laws vary by state so I will wait for more details before commenting on the appropriate course of action but as a few have said, if this is his first incident then a fine, suspension and rehabilitation program should be sufficient.

I am also not sure if front office executives are being held to a higher standard but professional athletes aren’t usually getting cut for DUIs. Same in the corporate world tbh.

I truly didn't know that people viewed DUIs through the lense of "first event" and that being a justification for leniency. The more you know.

Also on the chance that someone ITT has had a DUI, I am not really trying to call you out.

I truly didn't know that people viewed DUIs through the lense of "first event" and that being a justification for leniency. The more you know.

Also on the chance that someone ITT has had a DUI, I am not really trying to call you out.

I am not really being lenient towards him or folks in that situation in general - **** him and them. However, I don’t make the rules or standards in society and for a first offense with no harm and no documented substance abuse problem(s) then fine + suspension + rehab + apology is par for the course for an *executive in America.

*or high profile figure.

The legal system is harsher on repeat offenders. People with multiple DUIs are the ones that end up having to breathe into a tube clean to start their cars. The details of the incident also matter for the criminal process. What was the BAC level? Was the person cooperative when stopped? Was anyone else involved. The milder the situation, the lower the fines and probation conditions.

But with any DUI, in addition to whatever law enforcement remedy is imposed, the person usually gets their drivers license suspended for at least six months and their insurance rates go up. There are plenty of consequences that come with independent of whatever one’s place of employment chooses to do about it.

I think states and companies should be tougher on DUIs. Easily one of the most avoidable things anyone could do.
It would never be that tough cuz DUI’s are one of those things that can touch anybody in society, so the laws will lean more on the lenient side just in case a high profile person gets jammed up

Any laws that can effect the rich/ppl in charge are softer and have wild loopholes

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom