The Official NBA Season Thread: NBA announces new media deal

1676789501118.png
Not to be dramatic but these are still some of the worst jerseys of all time tbh :lol::sick:

Nike didn't give a single damn about their jerseys this year even with them hosting ASW

Cam has on a jazz jersey too

🤔

I'm just catching up on highlights but there's something really dumb about that final dunk everyone jumping and cheering and happy and the dumb dumb dumb dumb commentators when Kenny or whoever said a star is born tonight and someone else chimed in a star? An NBA star? And I'm like this is one of the big nights in the NBA, one of the big nights in the league and then their chuckling that he'll be a star for 48 hours.

Like I know a lot was discussed recently about the issues with the league and popularity and the long season and now football dominates on Sundays and every game matters and all that stuff. But there really is something to the fact that some of our most popular people in this league make a career off of criticizing hating and making fun of the product. I don't know. I didn't watch the whole night I was working unfortunately and catching highlights. One of the first things I hear is the star of the night being joked about.

And I'm complicit too. I watch NBA inside. I laugh at all the jokes. It's funny but there's a time in the place for it and just something about right after that dunk them. Joking how he's going to be popular for 2 days. Just makes me think there's some things that can be improved about this product and the people that make a career following it and talking about it.. maybe they should hype it up every now and then. Maybe they should be excited about the product and try to get the audience excited about it. It just feels really cynical

I'm just catching up on highlights but there's something really dumb about that final dunk everyone jumping and cheering and happy and the dumb dumb dumb dumb commentators when Kenny or whoever said a star is born tonight and someone else chimed in a star? An NBA star? And I'm like this is one of the big nights in the NBA, one of the big nights in the league and then their chuckling that he'll be a star for 48 hours.

Like I know a lot was discussed recently about the issues with the league and popularity and the long season and now football dominates on Sundays and every game matters and all that stuff. But there really is something to the fact that some of our most popular people in this league make a career off of criticizing hating and making fun of the product. I don't know. I didn't watch the whole night I was working unfortunately and catching highlights. One of the first things I hear is the star of the night being joked about.

And I'm complicit too. I watch NBA inside. I laugh at all the jokes. It's funny but there's a time in the place for it and just something about right after that dunk them. Joking how he's going to be popular for 2 days. Just makes me think there's some things that can be improved about this product and the people that make a career following it and talking about it.. maybe they should hype it up every now and then. Maybe they should be excited about the product and try to get the audience excited about it. It just feels really cynical

Well said. Had the same thoughts the entire time.

Back
Top Bottom