The Official NBA Season Thread: Mikal Bridges traded to the Knicks

Can't expect folks to EVER take the WNBA seriously if you are putting CURRENT players in a game with non-pro basketball players.

I say it every year.
Why though? They’re celebrities and it gives them exposure to other audience. It’s more profile raising than anything. Not like they’re out there playing hard and trying to get the MVP

Why though? They’re celebrities and it gives them exposure to other audience. It’s more profile raising than anything. Not like they’re out there playing hard and trying to get the MVP
It indirectly sends the message their game/skill level is a joke and is accessible to "normal' people.

426293265_779892530839809_2463446563317716022_n.jpg

I think the people who think that way will think that way regardless. Young girls watching the game or people who watch the league as fans aren’t thinking like that.
I agree but those people are the ones that need to be shown the brilliance of the product. Not little girls that will like it regardless.

That's if the product will ever grow.

Perception matters and having your players hoop with comedians and YouTube goofballs isn't the type of promotion the league needs.

I agree but those people are the ones that need to be shown the brilliance of the product. Not little girls that will like it regardless.

That's if the product will ever grow.

Perception matters and having your players hoop with comedians and YouTube goofballs isn't the type of promotion the league needs.
Growing the product isn’t convincing people who don’t take their skill seriously that they are skilled and talented :lol:. There’s plenty of fans to pull from who don’t fall into that category. If you think them playing with celebrities makes them look unserious or whatever and THAT is why you don’t watch, they probably aren’t going to convert you anyways.

na you can’t put professionals with amateurs and pretend that’s okay. and especially if they’re not gonna go out and dominate and win mvp easily. that’s lame.

na you can’t put professionals with amateurs and pretend that’s okay. and especially if they’re not gonna go out and dominate and win mvp easily. that’s lame.
The visibility is fine but you can't have your pros out there hooping with nobodies. It makes your players look weak.

My same feelings on when WWE brings in celebrities that are able to have 15 minute wrestling matches with their ACTUAL wrestlers.

Sure it brings outside attention but you are also burying your talent by showing the world, "anyone can do this."

Peep Game Peep Game

Back
Top Bottom