The Official NBA Season Thread: NBA Draft

Woj really got used byHurley to drive his price up. Shams insidering circles around that dude :lol:

Last edited:

giphy (24).gif

In all this talk about CC being "snubbed" from the women's Olympic basketball team, the comparisons have come up with Laettner on the Dream Team. Whenever this topic comes up, it's always mentioned that Isaiah Thomas should have made the team. I've always been pro-MJ and anti-IT and have just discounted that as him being salty. However, I looked back on the 91 NBA season awards and the Dream Team roster was basically the entire All NBA 1st and 2nd team (minus Tim Hardaway) plus Magic, Bird, and Laettner. If anything, Tim Hardaway got snubbed. IT delusional if he thinks he is on Magic/Bird level. By 91/92 Joe Dumars was a better player than IT.

In all this talk about CC being "snubbed" from the women's Olympic basketball team, the comparisons have come up with Laettner on the Dream Team. Whenever this topic comes up, it's always mentioned that Isaiah Thomas should have made the team. I've always been pro-MJ and anti-IT and have just discounted that as him being salty. However, I looked back on the 91 NBA season awards and the Dream Team roster was basically the entire All NBA 1st and 2nd team (minus Tim Hardaway) plus Magic, Bird, and Laettner. If anything, Tim Hardaway got snubbed. IT delusional if he thinks he is on Magic/Bird level. By 91/92 Joe Dumars was a better player than IT.

Man if you don't stop Zeke (nobody calls him IT) had 2 rings under his belt and was one of the best PG's ever. John Stockton had no business on there over Zeke.

MJ never forgets. IT had them boys freeze-out MJ at the all star game and were cold to him during the leadup.
Magic and Bird were basically legacy picks. Bird was pretty much done with his bad back.
IT probably should have been on it over Stockton and nobody would have complained. Ultimately, IT screwed himself because of the whole MJ beef.
wonder if CC going to be as psycho and petty if/when she pans out :lol:

Last edited:
Man if you don't stop Zeke (nobody calls him IT) had 2 rings under his belt and was one of the best PG's ever. John Stockton had no business on there over Zeke.

I'm no Stockton/Jazz fan either, but 91/92 season stats, accolades, and team results for:

John Stockton: 15.8 PPG, 13.7 APG, 3.3 RPG, 3 SPG, All Star, 2nd Team All NBA, 2nd Team All Defense, Most Assists and Steals in the league, Lost to Portland in WCF
Isiah Thomas: 18.5 PPG, 7.2 APG, 3.2 RPG, 1.5 SPG, All Star, Lost in the first round to the Knicks

He didn't make it on his last couple of seasons, he doesn't have the cultural/historical significance that got Magic and Bird had to get on the roster, and almost everyone hated those Detroit teams and him, for good reason.

Exactly. Stockton rode the bench his first 3 years. You can be a Jordan fan and still acknowledge the greatest of Zeke. I’m a Jordan fan (and Zeke) and MJ knew he had the “juice” by 1991. People bring up AI as a pound for pound great but Zeke was Iverson, before a Iverson. I’ll buy his wrist injury being the cause but a healthy Isiah was the one

Only viable reason was Isaiah’s wrist injury

I'm no Stockton/Jazz fan either, but 91/92 season stats, accolades, and team results for:

John Stockton: 15.8 PPG, 13.7 APG, 3.3 RPG, 3 SPG, All Star, 2nd Team All NBA, 2nd Team All Defense, Most Assists and Steals in the league, Lost to Portland in WCF
Isiah Thomas: 18.5 PPG, 7.2 APG, 3.2 RPG, 1.5 SPG, All Star, Lost in the first round to the Knicks

He didn't make it on his last couple of seasons, he doesn't have the cultural/historical significance that got Magic and Bird had to get on the roster, and almost everyone hated those Detroit teams and him, for good reason.

Let's make it clear, you saying Stockton shoulda made it over Zeke?

Think Loon can be a good backup for 12-15 mpg. He was looking mighty creaky though.
kevon in his twenties, but his body is so beat up. takes a lot for him to get ready for games. ultimate workhorse throughout his warriors career and gave everything he had. hopefully, he can extend his playing career as a role guy off the bench.

Back
Top Bottom