The Official NBA Season Thread: Mikal Bridges traded to the Knicks

Jordan has a higher reg season and playoff point per game average also.. more defensive player of the year awards, more championships, more scoring titles, mvps

It’s not even about the awards and accomplishments. It’s this Age 38 comparison between the two that’s been making the social media rounds lately as if that discredits Michael Jordan. It’s like people are using that season to prop up LeBron as if any reasonable person doesn’t acknowledge that what he is doing at this age, in Year 20 with all his mileage is incredible.

boston-celtics-jayson-tatum.gif

What about Ramona? Are you guys looking for another woman to ridicule?
You brought her up. There was no context.

No one else brought her up, especially in light of BHM.
I can’t really compare these two seasons at face value tbh. Jordan was retired and became part owner and president of Basketball Operations for the Wizards. Not sure if it is been reported but I think his return was part his competitive nature, part boredom and part promotion for the team that he had a stake in (financially and as a member of the FO). He also only had the spring/summer to train after three years off.

LeBron is trying to win more titles. So not to diminish what LeBron is doing but comparing it Jordan at the same age just isn’t the same thing when consider context IMO. It takes away from both of their legacies.
Fair. Mike was off four years.

Sports medicine has come a long way. Lebron spends a million on his health (whatever that means).

Also, Mike relying on a rusty jumper isn’t going to be efficient especially when he’s targeted.

It’s not even about the awards and accomplishments. It’s this Age 38 comparison between the two that’s been making the social media rounds lately as if that discredits Michael Jordan. It’s like people are using that season to prop up LeBron as if any reasonable person doesn’t acknowledge that what he is doing at this age, in Year 20 with all his mileage is incredible.
But a lot of those accolades that Jordan has is something that is fueling LeBron… but Jordan did it in less games, less minutes on fewer teams while playing baseball and not caring towards the end. But LeBron, taking the scoring record, might make everyone forget about that.

They must have watched the clip of Kyrie stepping on the Leprechaun before this game. Is there an under/over for Boston scoring 80 points before the half?

No context is needed. You don’t recognize a queen when you see one??
I’m only putting energy into my BLACK queens during BHM.

People used to think in here Jaden/Naz for Simmons was crazy… I’m not naming names, you are fortunate for that :lol:

How things have turned out, it isn’t so crazy huh. Maybe you hadn’t just watched Jaden and Naz. We know.

Back
Top Bottom