The Official NBA Season Thread: Mikal Bridges traded to the Knicks

Yeah, Boston probably has the best package. I just think Boston would be hard pressed to trade for Dame after him saying hell nah to Boston on that pod a few weeks ago. Seems like the disgruntled player scenario that keeps coming up. Like they would be competitive but I am not sure if he would be "happy" with the situation.

I also think Portland's startegy is a bit unclear. Can't tell if they want to maximize cap space and accrual of picks/young talent for a full rebuild or if they want back immediate impact talent to compete in 1-2 years with traded player + Simons (or whatever he fetches)/Scoot/Sharpe

This is my personal opinion but the rep Boston has I think had more to do with Danny's time there. He was cold and calculated. It may take time for Brad to change that rep. but I think he's capable of doing it.

As far as Portland's strategy, I don't think they even know what they want to do. Signing grant to that disgusting contract indicates that the Dame news took them by surprise? Which I think speaks more to their incompetence than Dame not being clear about his intentions.

I really wouldn't be opposed to running it back. I hate hate hate the fact that we let McDaniels slip away. But running it back this year and letting Harden and Tobias expire will open up a ton of cap space for a better free agency class next summer.

I think continuity is underrated and I really hope we take a more methodical approach with the roster construction rather than going for the big names.

Streets saying Clippers don’t want to trade Mann so Jimbo going there won’t happen til one side budges

If Morey makes Maxey available, there’s a trade in place that lands Dame in Philly

So Dame wants the Heat, and the Blazers don't want Herro and is looking for a third team (Nets) but the Nets want to attach Ben's contract in a package.

For a rebuilding Portland team to get Ben's contract that's only 2 years isn't soo bad. BUT Portland to give away Dame AND get the NBA's worst contract means that they'd need to get A LOT in return.

Not sure what the Nets will be willing to give up to ship Ben and get Herro (who's a great fit in Brooklyn).

This is messy.

Boston should just offer up Brown + pick(s) and call it a day.

Brown is young enough to fit the timeline. He'll be on a max while Scoot and Sharpe will be on rookie deals.

[Insert Ceneter]
Grant
Brown
Simons/ Sharpe
Scoot

That is a very athletic, balanced roster that can be competitive in a year or two.

Boston will also come out as title favs as well. I don't know, it seems pretty obvious they are the best trade partner.
Dame said he wants to go to Miami, not Boston. Portland FO been playing the loyal' team card and will likely try to get him where he wants.

Miami sends out: Herro, Duncan Robinson, Kyle Lowry (expiring), 3 FRP, pick swaps, Jaime Jacquez, Jovic, Haysmith, second round picks
Miami Receives: Dame, Nurkic

NJ nets: Get rid of Ben Simmons contract, send out first round pick(s) to be re-routed to Portland
Receive: Tyler Herro + (Duncan Robinson if they want)

Portland: Sends out Dame, gets rid of Nurkic contract
Receives: Kyle lowry (expiring), absorb Simmons contract (expiring year after next, lines up with paying Sharpe), 5+ FRP, pick swaps, Jacquez, Jovic, Haysmith, second rounders

Dame said he wants to go to Miami, not Boston. Portland FO been playing the loyal' team card and will likely try to get him where he wants.

Miami sends out: Herro, Duncan Robinson, Kyle Lowry (expiring), 3 FRP, pick swaps, Jaime Jacquez, Jovic, Haysmith, second round picks
Miami Receives: Dame, Nurkic

NJ nets: Get rid of Ben Simmons contract, send out first round pick(s) to be re-routed to Portland
Receive: Tyler Herro + (Duncan Robinson if they want)

Portland: Sends out Dame, gets rid of Nurkic contract
Receives: Kyle lowry (expiring), absorb Simmons contract (expiring year after next, lines up with paying Sharpe), 5+ FRP, pick swaps, Jacquez, Jovic, Haysmith, second rounders

I'm not too familiar with Miami's pick situation, but if Portland decides to send him out to Miami, I can see this being the best deal.

I'd still think that Boston's offer would easily trump this. But let's see what Portland does.

Streets saying Clippers don’t want to trade Mann so Jimbo going there won’t happen til one side budges

If Morey makes Maxey available, there’s a trade in place that lands Dame in Philly

Mann should be the center piece for any Jimbo trade. I'd also rather keep Maxey than trade for Dame tbh. Not because Maxey is the better player, it's because I have no faith that the Sixers will be able to build a winning supporting cast after giving everything out for Dame.

What do we do with Jimmy? Is Tobias part of the deal? Tobias + Mexey for Dame (and filler) means that we will have no depth. Especially after loosing McDaniels for nothing.

I really like to start building organically and getting players with potential to be better.

Also, what would Portland do with Maxey? It's such a crowded backcourt there that he would most definitely be routed to another team.

I'm not too familiar with Miami's pick situation, but if Portland decides to send him out to Miami, I can see this being the best deal.

I'd still think that Boston's offer would easily trump this. But let's see what Portland does.
Heat gave their 2025 to Thunder (top 14 protected), otherwise have all their picks to trade. Boston is a better deal if they want to be play-in contenders. Jaylen Brown/Jerami Grant ain't getting the job done IMO

Heat gave their 2025 to Thunder (top 14 protected), otherwise have all their picks to trade. Boston is a better deal if they want to be play-in contenders. Jaylen Brown/Jerami Grant ain't getting the job done IMO

Of course it's not getting the job done next year. That's why it's called re-building. Brown is young enough to fit Scoot and Sharpe's timeline. Grant is just there to be the new Tobias Harris.

Of course it's not getting the job done next year. That's why it's called re-building. Brown is young enough to fit Scoot and Sharpe's timeline. Grant is just there to be the new Tobias Harris.
Would prefer to get my young guys early on rookie deals/extensions instead of a guy getting 300mil taking up 35% of my whole teams salary cap. That's how I would rebuild, but different strokes for different folks

Why should the Clippers give up anything of value for a past prime guy on the last year of his deal who Philly is going to lose for nothing if they don’t move him?

I wouldn’t give up Mann either.

Because this past his prime guy is still better than most players at their prime. This past his prime guy was a 21 and 10 guy on good efficiency and is one of the best floor generals in the game. He lead the league in assists and it's exactly what the Clippers need.

Plus you get him for a year and you can have him fit the timeline of Kawhi and PG's contracts if you need to do a hard reset later on.

People keep treating Harden like a bum, but personally I loved what he did in Philly. He was a great leader, a good mentor to Maxey, sacrificed his role and $15 annually to be competitive.

He had the two best games of his playoff career but eventually fell short (we asked too much of him plus Doc is a turd of a coach). I think Harden next to Kawhi and PG is worth Mann and it's not even close.

Would prefer to get my young guys early on rookie deals/extensions instead of a guy getting 300mil taking up 35% of my whole teams salary cap. That's how I would rebuild, but different strokes for different folks

No matter when you sign an extension, it still kicks in in year 5. I don't know what you're arguing about here.

Last edited:
That’s still a **** argument for the Clippers to hand over such a big haul for a perennial playoff magician.

Why should the Clippers give up anything of value for a past prime guy on the last year of his deal who Philly is going to lose for nothing if they don’t move him?

I wouldn’t give up Mann either.
Anything of positive value the sixers can get outta harden I’m pulling the trigger yesterday

I ain’t trading **** for harden, that’s already an L on top of then paying him an extension

Because this past his prime guy is still better than most players at their prime. This past his prime guy was a 21 and 10 guy on good efficiency and is one of the best floor generals in the game. He lead the league in assists and it's exactly what the Clippers need.

Plus you get him for a year and you can have him fit the timeline of Kawhi and PG's contracts if you need to do a hard reset later on.

People keep treating Harden like a bum, but personally I loved what he did in Philly. He was a great leader, a good mentor to Maxey, sacrificed his role and $15 annually to be competitive.

He had the two best games of his playoff career but eventually fell short (we asked too much of him plus Doc is a turd of a coach). I think Harden next to Kawhi and PG is worth Mann and it's not even close.
Yea, not sure he’s exactly what they need. They need their two star wings to be healthy and play. Harden on his own is oft injured at this point and notorious for shrinking in the biggest moment.

Who is treating him like a bum? I’m just not giving up my best young rotation guy for him, when I have to pay him going into his 35 year old season. He’s already showing physical decline — that’s why the Sixers don’t want to pay him. I’d send over matching contracts with Powell and Morris and then a future first, but they’re trying to win today. Not giving up Mann.

Not really seeing it with next summer's free agent class unless you're a Dejounte Murray or Miles Bridges ( :sick:) fan.

Back
Top Bottom