The Official NBA Season Thread: Mikal Bridges traded to the Knicks

We really can’t be talking bout Wilt and Russell. Those guys played in a completely different league we have truly truly no idea how good they are as basketball players.

They could be the best ever to lace them up or they could be gleague level players we legit don’t know. Can’t compare the results of a shark in a pond to a shark in the ocean. The game wasn’t global. Mostly white guys playing. Population of the available b-ball players was like 1/100th of today.

I don’t get why people can’t see that. Even with all the best scouting and videos available today we have no idea how good a guy like Wembayama is gonna turn out to be. Yet we’re gonna take footage from a bygone era and somehow hold it up as evidence of a sure fire level of success they’d have now. Bogus.

They clearly are top 10 players of their era. And easily top 10 most important to the game.

Lists really should only be 1980+ and only discuss the modern era.

Top 10 (in order):

Jordan
Shaq
Bird
Kareem
Kobe
Lebron
Steph
Magic
Olujawon
Duncan

This list is disgusting

200w.gif

He was legit but the cyber kinda hypes him up like we'll never see a player like him again. Dame is easily better. I wouldn't put him on the same level as other injury prone guys like Penny Grant Mac Rose Kawhi etc

I don't think nobody put Roy that high. I think people felt sorry cuz he went crazy in that Dallas series.

Yep and this pace of hot takery is unsustainable. Folks are going to have to slow down. We just went through a good chunk of those “special topics” in one weekend.

All inspired by the release of Underrated #GRAVITY
Have paul pierce vs dwyane wade take been addressed?

Have paul pierce vs dwyane wade take been addressed?

I tried to erase that part of it from my memory. You know people are arguing just for the sake of arguing when Paul Pierce and his legacy come into play :lol:

My main problem with arguments about him is that it rests on “well if PP played with Shaq, Bron, etc. then he would have had similar success as their wingmen” when sports (and life) clearly don’t work that way :lol:

And it sucks because he was selected as a Top 75 player of all-time so there’s really no need to do all that. He is out definitely out here wildin on ESPN, pods and IG Live great (or really good, however you want to classify it) in his own respect during his prime playing days.

Kobe stopped trying on defense after like the mid-00s as his offense was more heavily leaned on and he got older.
Kobe’s “defense” is what got Dwight Howard dunked on in the 2008 gold medal game. In the words of Doug Collins, Kobe’s gambling on a steal there, laid a teammate out.

Kobe’s reaction to Dwight getting dunked on was hilarious. Like Kobe that was on you.

Kobe’s “defense” is what got Dwight Howard dunked on in the 2008 gold medal game. In the words of Doug Collins, Kobe’s gambling defense laid a teammate out. Kobe’s reaction to Dwight getting dunked on was hilarious. Like Kobe that was on you.
He gambled so much that Summer lol but he was definitely making some plays defensively. Seem like overplaying was their strategy though

Offensively he took literally every shot possible. Frustrating to see him chuck any and everything

He was needed though for that Gold

Back
Top Bottom