The Official NBA Season Thread: Mikal Bridges traded to the Knicks

It’s the Lakers, they’ll be alright. How do you get more exposure when every night it’s the Lakers vs whoever.
dnmtn4ksijwyep0xmljk.jpg

I get why it’s disheartening to “need a face tho.”

NFL and a College Basketball don’t need one.

Why does the NBA always need one.

I get why it’s disheartening to “need a face tho.”

NFL and a College Basketball don’t need one.

Why does the NBA always need one.
Tbh I feel like this notion mostly came from an era where everyone was doing cocaine in the league so they "needed" faces to clean up the image.

The door is kinda open for one of these young up and coming players to be the face. Seems like they don’t embrace that kind of thing anymore?

Baseball has numerous fat people who are legends. You don't even have to run for real. The majority of the people who play it are still white.

Yeah....
If you’ve been to a baseball game they could literally sit in chairs on the field. Most actionless sport don’t let Sportscenter highlights fool you :lol:

They’ll never close the gap with the NFL without any white American stars. Nothing else actually matters
Feel there's some truth to this but slight irony when there's 2 of the greatest white stars we've ever seen currently active and in their primes right now but they won't move the needle as much as they should since they're European instead of WASP's :lol:

Luka talks cash **** while busting folks *** nightly just like Bird but I wouldn't say he's even close to the same level of household name recognition as Bird.

Strictly talking about America, the league is constantly getting bigger and bigger worldwide and the amount of international stars right now has only been pushing the game to new heights of popularity globally recently.

Baseball has numerous fat people who are legends. You don't even have to run for real. The majority of the people who play it are still white.

Yeah....

You from the islands right….? What type of skill does cricket require?

Hockey is a white sport that requires a high level of skill. Numerous fat boys are legends in the nba and nfl also. Ya’ll just be talking. I don’t understand how people downplay sports that they’ve never played :lol:

Baseball wasn’t integrated until the late 40s, had they let black men play from it’s inception, the stories would be far different. Negro league teams were routinely beating all white clubs during jamborees or the barnstorming days. Y’all be saying ANYTHING

Last edited:
Ja could have been that dude easily given his game and appeal to the youth but he wants to be out outta on some of this **** all the time.

gun-dance.gif

Also can't underestimate the part sneaker brands have to play in marketing the league, that's also something MJ, Bean and Bron had.

Ja gone be beloved forever.

His generation already views him as the Iverson of his era. Ja getting suspended and catching all that flack actually makes him more appealing to the youth.

The league isn't going to push him like they were before the incidents though at least in the immediate. Memphis is barely on national TV this season.

Back
Top Bottom