The Official NBA Season Thread: Mikal Bridges traded to the Knicks

Hockey is a white sport that requires a high level of skill.
Agreed.

Negro league teams were routinely beating all white clubs during jamborees or the barnstorming days.
Agreed.

Baseball is skilless nonsense. Only reason people play it is for the money. And that will be the ace that one day will have it stop looking like this. same with the fact that Hockey is just prohibitively expensive:

What Will White Athletes Do In Sports World Dominated By Blacks? - Sports  Illustrated Vault | SI.com

Dude there will be top draft picks in MLB that don’t even make it out of the minors.

**** is hard man :lol:

He doesn’t realize that the draft is 20 rounds and that 40,50,60 years ago black baseball players and boxers were the most popular athletes amongst black America.

Baseball players were the biggest sports stars in America. Man we have like 4 Joe DiMaggio hospitals in Florida:lol:

Baseball was our first sport.

It was damn near mandatory in the south that you played football and baseball. Deion and Bo Jackson played baseball for a reason. Baseball was our thing just as much as football and basketball

Dude there will be top draft picks in MLB that don’t even make it out of the minors.

**** is hard man :lol:

Yeah, a sport where you fail 70% of the time and this is considered GOODT! is definitely not a piece of cake.

Lolol wildin

Baseball hard as hell. This coming from someone who was all public as a 2nd baseman in HS
Played catcher in HS so definitely got an appreciation for the complexities of the sport. Even at the positions that you don't need to be in great shape for, you still need top notch hand-eye coordination if you're gonna be any good.

Folks like to think that anyone can come off the street and do damage but that's just not close to being true :lol:. Same way your 12-15th man on a roster would bust the entire general populations asses in pickup games, these guys are professionals for a reason.

Those big guys might not be sculpted like other athletes but they have elite reflexes and brains that can process quick movement and motion at an infinitely faster rate than regular people. Outside of hitting, you also still need to be a good athlete to field the ball effectively.

Played catcher in HS so definitely got an appreciation for the complexities of the sport. Even at the positions that you don't need to be in great shape for, you still need top notch hand-eye coordination if you're gonna be any good.

Folks like to think that anyone can come off the street and do damage but that's just not close to being true :lol:. Same way your 12-15th man on a roster would bust the entire general populations asses in pickup games, these guys are professionals for a reason.

Those big guys might not be sculpted like other athletes but they have elite reflexes and brains that can process quick movement and motion at an infinitely faster rate than regular people. Outside of hitting, you also still need to be a good athlete to field the ball effectively.

Catcher sucks too. Such a hard job. I respect people who play/played Catcher man.

Catcher sucks too. Such a hard job. I respect people who play/played Catcher man.
A friend of mine from high school went to UCSB at the same time I did. He walked on the the baseball team as a catcher. He was a back-up the whole time and still was always complaining about his knees and back.

That’s when the learned just what a time commitment and energy commitment D-1 sports of any kind is, even at a non-marquee place. He was always practicing or traveling.

Even on the UCSB team, all the guys who played were studs in high school and only one guy who was there during my time had a Major League career and he had already been drafted out of high school. (A couple of them who didn’t make it very unapologetically admitted to doing “a couple cycles” of steroids too).

It’s a hard sport for sure.

Last edited:

Played catcher D1 and at rookie ball in the minors. The wear and tear is real lol. My knees are pretty shot and I have a degenerative disc in my lower back now.

Played catcher D1 and at rookie ball in the minors. The wear and tear is real lol. My knees are pretty shot and I have a degenerative disc in my lower back now.

Idk how you guys did/do it. Especially college.

Felt like you should have got paid because of how big a gladiator position it is.

It’s even worse for the taller guys. I could never. You guys are different.

Idk how you guys did/do it. Especially college.

Felt like you should have got paid because of how big a gladiator position it is.

It’s even worse for the taller guys. I could never. You guys are different.
Yea I’m 6’3 lol. Live in Houston where we played year round in high school. College would send us out to summer leagues across the country. Took its toll for sure.

Back
Top Bottom