The Official NBA Thread: PLAYOFFS

Oof. This the first time I’m seeing hawks fan say this

Whole lot of hawks fans feel like that. Mans plays zero defense and doesn’t even bop with the city. Keep DJ.

Been saying trade everyone and anything for Edwards who’s from here. We sign Collins to big money then dump. We blame the previous coach but that wasn’t the issue.

Whole lot of hawks fans feel like that. Mans plays zero defense and doesn’t even bop with the city. Keep DJ.

Been saying trade everyone and anything for Edwards who’s from here. We sign Collins to big money then dump. We blame the previous coach but that wasn’t the issue.
So basically the opposite of hawks fans on here lol

I wouldn’t be surprised if he did. Pretty sure other players have publicly complained about SGA getting a lot of friendly whistles. And Ant isn’t shy about saying what’s on his mind.

But still a bad look with him bricking those FTs, if he did say it.

That's my point. You can't brick 2 freethrows then complain about calls IMO.

This is what Jalen Green was supposed to be doing

Last edited:
I wouldn’t be surprised if he did. Pretty sure other players have publicly complained about SGA getting a lot of friendly whistles. And Ant isn’t shy about saying what’s on his mind.

But still a bad look with him bricking those FTs, if he did say it.
SGA only shot 3 more FTs then Ant. In the 3 games they've played Ant has shot 3 MORE FTs then SGA.

OKC as a team is 16th in FTs attempted and Minn is 9th. OKC easily leads the league in drives as a team. SGA leads the league individually by a wide margin.

Ant is just embarrassed.

Shai gorgeous had 10 FTs in the first half :lol:

He’s a superstar so no surprise. Reason why I had OKC as the #1 seed before the season started. Just sad to know the turn is starting for him 😞

Just sayin, there’s no package you’d give us that would work.
That's my point. You can't brick 2 freethrows then complain about calls IMO.
While he said it really just matter-of-fact on the video version of hearing the comments, agreed. We had a 10-point lead for most of the game and then blew it at the end.

SGA only shot 3 more FTs then Ant. In the 3 games they've played Ant has shot 3 MORE FTs then SGA.

OKC as a team is 16th in FTs attempted and Minn is 9th. OKC easily leads the league in drives as a team. SGA leads the league individually by a wide margin.

Ant is just embarrassed.
I wasn’t saying Ant’s comments about SGA were right or justified, but I have observed that there’s a narrative starting to develop (mostly started by fans of opposing teams) that if Shai gets touched by a defender at all, he’s getting the whistle.

I personally think he gets to the line in proper proportion to how much he drives and how hard he is for guys to keep in front of them.

I’m on NBADraft.net (pretty terrible site), here are the schools—outside of G-League and international—that have top draft picks projected for 2024 (in order:

Colorado, No. 1
Baylor, No. 3
Pittsburgh, No. 4
Miami, No. 6
Stanford, No. 8
Miami, No. 9
Santa Clara, No. 10
Wake Forest, No. 11

Zero blue bloods, and in fact: schools that, other than outlier years, don’t produce on the regular ‘Top-10 draft picks’.

I wasn’t saying Ant’s comments about SGA were right or justified, but I have observed that there’s a narrative starting to develop (mostly started by fans of opposing teams) that if Shai gets touched by a defender at all, he’s getting the whistle.

I personally think he gets to the line in proper proportion to how much he drives and how hard he is for guys to keep in front of them.
I didn't really mean that you personally were, just throwing some data out there that suggests it isn't true. Based on data, it can't be. Shai drives the ball nearly 10 times PER GAME more then Ant and takes 2 more FTs a game. Ant's FT rate is higher.

OKC is the most aggressive team in the league at 6.5 drives more then the next closest team and is 16th in attempts. I'm not going to take the time to convert the FT rate, but it's pretty clearly bottom 10 or so if they are 16th in attempts easily leading the league in drives.

As a fan, I am not complaining they should be getting there more. It's whatever.

I just don't understand why the other side is even trying this. It's ridiculous.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom