The Official NBA Thread

Get that playoff experience in now
The Celtics are probably the best example of this. They drafted their blue chip guys who got good very quickly and they started building around them with all the other assets they’ve had. They may not have done everything perfectly, but they were competitive while their best guys were young and never sacrificed the future.

Those two have played more high leverage playoff games before even entering their primes than most guys will play in their career.

SGA is obviously a superstar. Also seems very obvious that Chet is a clear blue chip guy that completely embodies what the league is going towards- size and skill. JDub is an awesome two way guy. They nailed the Cason Wallace pick. Dort and Giddey are good role guys that you could either keep and be successful or move if someone is available that could be a better fit.

That’s 6 good pieces right there. Other guys like Isaiah Joe/JWill/Wiggins have come in and had good performances. Solid depth guys.

They absolutely have the flexibility to make moves around the SGA/Chet/JDub/Wallace core.

The Celtics are probably the best example of this. They drafted their blue chip guys who got good very quickly and they started building around them with all the other assets they’ve had. They may not have done everything perfectly, but they were competitive while their best guys were young and never sacrificed the future.

Those two have played more high leverage playoff games before even entering their primes than most guys will play in their career.

SGA is obviously a superstar. Also seems very obvious that Chet is a clear blue chip guy that completely embodies what the league is going towards- size and skill. JDub is an awesome two way guy. They nailed the Cason Wallace pick. Dort and Giddey are good role guys that you could either keep and be successful or move if someone is available that could be a better fit.

That’s 6 good pieces right there. Other guys like Isaiah Joe/JWill/Wiggins have come in and had good performances. Solid depth guys.

They absolutely have the flexibility to make moves around the SGA/Chet/JDub/Wallace core.
OKC is competitive though. They aren't throwing games. They're 13-6. They can't just do whatever until they are sure though. It's Oklahoma, not Boston. It makes a big difference.

I can't even figure out what massive mistakes Mark is making. It's not like he's pulling the core guys in clutch time to intentionally lose or something. They've been mostly great in clutch time.

OKC is currently the 2 seed and it seems pretty obvious who their guys are. They have one of the 10 best players in the league and a strong supporting cast. Zero need for experimentation from here on out.
Nah let’s continue running lineups with both of the franchise players on the bench in the fourth quarter, or play Shai with no ball handlers while he’s getting aggressively doubled.

They gotta see what they have, whatever that even means.

Nah let’s continue running lineups with both of the franchise players on the bench in the fourth quarter, or play Shai with no ball handlers while he’s getting aggressively doubled.

They gotta see what they have, whatever that even means.
Well in the last 10 games they are 1st in the NBA in net rating by a lot.

So i'm certainly glad they aren't listening to you.

Doesn't this all make more sense when they are playing poorly? Honest question.

This seems very analytical for a team that is crushing the analytics to date.

Well in the last 10 games they are 1st in the NBA in net rating by a lot.

So i'm certainly glad they aren't listening to you.

Doesn't this all make more sense when they are playing poorly? Honest question.

This seems very analytical for a team that is crushing the analytics to date.
I don't really think thats the point. Most great teams are great cause they find the things they are great at and then do those things with a high frequency in the regular season, cause the reps matter when the playoffs come and everything about the game gets harder. It doesn't really feel like its a value add when you're spending so much time running stuff that you wont use come April/May/June.

Like remember when theSteph/KD Warriors didnt run any pick and roll during the season? Then the playoffs came and they ran a ton of it? I don't understand those types of things.

Like remember when theSteph/KD Warriors didnt run any pick and roll during the season? Then the playoffs came and they ran a ton of it? I don't understand those types of things.
This makes more sense because every playoff series essentially turn into pick n roll overloaded offenses

2022 Warriors? The motion stuff got thrown out the window when it was go time.

I don't really think thats the point. Most great teams are great cause they find the things they are great at and then do those things with a high frequency in the regular season, cause the reps matter when the playoffs come and everything about the game gets harder. It doesn't really feel like its a value add when you're spending so much time running stuff that you wont use come April/May/June
Oh they'll run all kinds of crazy stuff in April/May/June. I can tell you that right now.

This was never supposed to be conventional. It doesn't mean it will ultimately work out. We don't know any of that yet.

Drawing conclusions this early into things is a tremendously unexpected reaction to me. Things are going great with this team.

Definitely a lot of soft calls in the lakers favor last night.

Also Dillon brooks will do too much at times especially with the dumb fouls, but he’s clearly being targeted by officials. Super weak.

1701639563533.png
was at the game last night, was a pleasure tos ee the goat

Back
Top Bottom