The Official NBA Thread: Celtics Lead 3-1 in the NBA Finals | RIP Jerry West

Looks like The Batman scene at the lounge and the dude with his back turned is Penguin.

73165b7ff0f6ff6808db91c7629092bad806e15b.gifv

The Thunder are closer to play-in (2.5GB) than they are from the third worst record in the league (5GB). I don’t know if that is a good or a bad thing at this point :lol: I guess it means that between Chet coming back, another lottery pick and FA signings/trades that they should at least be fighting for the the 8-seed next season.

This reminds me...The Thunder have been tanking and collecting assets for what? 3 to 4 years now? I'm surprised no one is mentioning that other than Giddy, they have nothing to show.

And by something to show, I mean players with All Star potential.

Verditc is still out on Chet...realizing now that Embiid and Maxey are the only two draft picks that worked out for the Sixers, the Thunder aren't doing any better.

Screen Shot 2022-12-30 at 1.25.26 PM.png

Interesting enough, they traded the drat picks that did work out with Quickley, and Sengun.

I know the draft is a crap shoot, but at what point do you start selling your assets to build around SGA?

This reminds me...The Thunder have been tanking and collecting assets for what? 3 to 4 years now? I'm surprised no one is mentioning that other than Giddy, they have nothing to show.

Verditc is still out on Chet...realizing now that Embiid and Maxey are the only two draft picks that worked out for the Sixers, the Thunder aren't doing any better.

Interesting enough, they traded the drat picks that did work out with Quickley, and Sengun.

I know the draft is a crap shoot, but at what point do you start selling your assets to build around SGA?

They were in the playoffs in the Bubble...so it hasn't been a 4 year tank.

Also, going to guess you haven't seen them play this year and don't know who Jalen Williams is.

I asked myself this same question earlier. It’s weird and datznasty datznasty can correct me but it seems like they were only tanking for two seasons (they made the playoffs 10 out of 11 seasons prior) but it seems/feels MUCH longer for some reason :lol: Maybe because they have been collecting assets for a minute?

They were in the playoffs in the Bubble...so it hasn't been a 4 year tank.

Also, going to guess you haven't seen them play this year and don't know who Jalen Williams is.

I definitely did not watch them this year. So I am happy to be proven wrong. I've been hearing of Jalen but not sure what his ceiling is.

I asked myself this same question earlier. It’s weird and datznasty datznasty can correct me but it seems like they were only tanking for two seasons (they made the playoffs 10 out of 11 seasons prior) but it seems/feels MUCH longer for some reason :lol: Maybe because they have been collecting assets for a minute?

I think it seems longer because everyone thought CP3 was washed when they traded for him but he unwashed himself in OKC while they were in asset collection mode.

I think it's been 3 drafts since the trade.

They're competing for a play-in spot now with the roster they have and are going to add Chet and other high-ish first round pick to that no matter what. Don't see them dramatically changing what they've been doing until after they see what things look like next season.

what do you do with the chicago bulls if you are running them rn?

1. Get off Lavine for young player + assets
  2. Get off Derozan for expiring + assets
  3. Get off Vuc for assets
  4. Give the Warriors Alex Caruso for James Wiseman
  5. Get off Coby White for whatever you can
  6. Tell Lonzo to stay home and rest
  7. Let Pat Williams, Ayo, Terry have a green light for the rest of the year and finish bottom 5
  8. Pray you can secure at least the 4th pick

They're competing for a play-in spot now with the roster they have and are going to add Chet and other high-ish first round pick to that no matter what. Don't see them dramatically changing what they've been doing until after they see what things look like next season.

My instincts tells me that regardless of where they land in the draft this year, they will start getting veteran presence and start to build a winning team around SGA and Giddy. Players to help the development of those two plus Williams I guess.

I can see Conley being a mentor for them at his stage of his career. Getting a rim protector will be huge for them. It's too bad there's 0 chance of watching Chet play this year.

I think it seems longer because everyone thought CP3 was washed when they traded for him but he unwashed himself in OKC while they were in asset collection mode.

I think it's been 3 drafts since the trade.

They traded CP3 in 2020 after the bubble so it’s only been two drafts (2021 - Giddey and 2022 - Chet). It really just feels a lot longer…which might be a testament to how those Rust-led teams are remembered :lol:

what do you do with the chicago bulls if you are running them rn?

I'd like to see what they would look like with Lonzo back. They were the #1 seat last year until he got hurt. Lavine is not 100% healthy either and it shows. Coby and Patrick Williams have disappointing careers so far but I wonder if it's them or if it's on their player development. Wendell Carter played much better in Orlando and is currently outplaying Vuc.

I personally think they should be patient until everyone is healthy again. Might make some marginal moves like trading Coby, even Vuc for a defensive Center.

Back
Top Bottom