The Official NBA Thread

Serious question, why do people talk about the lakers in here all the time if you’re not a fan?

I get talking about them bc it’s an nba thread but people that don’t like them will talk about them more than their own teams. All day. Everyday. Weekends. Nights. So weird.
There were two games yesterday. You said you would bet 1,000 on the lakers to lose yesterday but heaven forbid other people make comments right?

Serious question, why do people talk about the lakers in here all the time if you’re not a fan?

I get talking about them bc it’s an nba thread but people that don’t like them will talk about them more than their own teams. All day. Everyday. Weekends. Nights. So weird.

2 game slate. Biggest fan base in the world. All kinds of fans in Atlanta, the DMV, New York, Alabama, Texas, Las Vegas my apologies if I missed anyone. It’s the same thing y’all say about Rust. You don’t want the slander, play better.

Rob PelinkERRRRRRR

stephen-a-smith-wait-wait.gif

Legend.

Yea, don’t agree with that at all. The Heat Era was a big shift in styles. MJ legit played in the same system, with the same coach and with Pipp for the majority of his career.

Nah. We know the triangle thing was an adjustment. Cmon man, I can’t believe you never heard of this one :lol:.

The best version of Bron….was Miami Bron. And he was a 25/5/5 guy. That did it all. Because he bought in. Especially in the 12 & 13 seasons.

Outside of that, it’s been mostly Bron ball. Which is very successful, until age starts to catch up. And STAMINA becomes the real issue.

That is the problem.

I wonder what the narrative will be when the nuggets fall to 0-2 tonight. Jokic has all the talent in the world as his supporting cast. Perfectly constructed team with top tier coaching

I wonder what the narrative will be when the nuggets fall to 0-2 tonight. Jokic has all the talent in the world as his supporting cast. Perfectly constructed team with top tier coaching

The nuggets will have a better record than the lakers. Just remember to pay me this year

Nah. We know the triangle thing was an adjustment. Cmon man, I can’t believe you never heard of this one :lol:.

The best version of Bron….was Miami Bron. And he was a 25/5/5 guy. That did it all. Because he bought in. Especially in the 12 & 13 seasons.

Outside of that, it’s been mostly Bron ball. Which is very successful, until age starts to catch up. And STAMINA becomes the real issue.

That is the problem.
The best version of him was Miami Bron because he was at his athletic peak :lol:.We gotta stop re-writing history to support a narrative that we want to be true.MJ’s career usage rate was 33.3%… Bron has been above that number 4 times in almost 2 decades. “Bron Ball” has him at a career rate that’s 2% lower. This simply isn’t true.

2012-14 Bron at the full peak of his powers >>>

2nd Cavs tenure Bron had it all put together offensively but he wasn't the same on the defensive end, at least not consistently

The best version of him was Miami Bron because he was at his athletic peak :lol:.We gotta stop re-writing history to support a narrative that we want to be true.MJ’s career usage rate was 33.3%… Bron has been above that number 4 times in almost 2 decades. “Bron Ball” has him at a career rate that’s 2% lower. This simply isn’t true.

“Bron Ball” isn’t about usage. I’m not saying he’s Russell Westbrook (although, Big Russ got a hint of truth tho it). It’s the style of play. The one that doesn’t empower teammates. Ppl standing around, waiting on him to create. Nobody really moving. Just being play finishers. He was talented enough back then to get away with it, because he was younger. Now, no way.

And that is my point. He’s 38, trying to play like he’s 28. It will have diminishing returns on his team overall at this point. Because of that.

Age. That has always been my thing. The signs have been there, to try to play another way. Just try it out.

“Bron Ball” isn’t about usage. I’m not saying he’s Russell Westbrook (although, Big Russ got a hint of truth tho it). It’s the style of play. The one that doesn’t empower teammates. Ppl standing around, waiting on him to create. Nobody really moving. Just being play finishers. He was talented enough back then to get away with it, because he was younger. Now, no way.

And that is my point. He’s 38, trying to play like he’s 28. It will have diminishing returns on his team overall at this point. Because of that.

Age. That has always been my thing. The signs have been there, to try to play another way. Just try it out.
Who has he played with that he hasn’t empowered to create? Wade had no problem creating, Kyrie had no problem creating. The best argument you’d have is BI and that was definitely a problem with positional overlap/skill set.

There’s no playing style adjustment that Bron can make that would make this awful team better :lol:. I just want to hear what way he should be trying to play on this team that would help.

What the hell is Bron supposed to do to change to adapt to AD and RWB? I definitely need to here this one :lol:. The Lakers’ plan was for AD to be the guy by now and he literally can’t hold up over the course of a season.
^^^

Who has he played with that he hasn’t empowered to create? Wade had no problem creating, Kyrie had no problem creating. The best argument you’d have is BI and that was definitely a problem with positional overlap/skill set.

There’s no playing style adjustment that Bron can make that would make this awful team better :lol:. I just want to hear what way he should be trying to play on this team that would help.

^^^

I laid it out…here:

⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️

61BDB7BF-D513-4A2A-91E5-80A80C2D2E87.gif

But no seriously. Bron has to take some accountability. The fault of his, is not adjusting to even to try to play another way. At 38, he should focus more on the little things that impact winning. But for the past couple seasons…he has neglected doing that. That’s a sacrifice which means less minutes, less points, less assists, less rebounds, less ball in his hands. And more cutting, screening, defending, moving the ball. Getting back on defense etc etc.

Russ was always going to be a bad fit. But none of these dudes adjusted at all. Like none. It’s a fractured team, and it has to start with the leader at some point. He can’t be blameless in this.

These are things he could do. Chooses not too.

Back
Top Bottom