The Official NBA Thread

AB321CF5-9BA9-4584-B4CC-F86446C33913.jpeg

What moves would you say they can realistically make?
I honestly don't know who would take Klay or Green's contract, so I'm going to have to look over the contracts later today. But there definitely isn't too many options in any case.

Best case scenario for me is of course Klay playing more methodical and not forcing things and the young bench players attacking more so Poole could get some space to manipulate the floor. But currently it seems that we're too young and too old simultaneously. The only guys that doesn't fall under that is Looney and Wigs, but they have to take a back seat to Klay which I believe is an issue in itself. Another issue is Klay has always been sort of streaky, so if you cut his minutes, that will set him back even more, but I think that it's time to cut some of it and give some of the young guys burn with the starters.

Last edited:
In all seriousness though. The title is wide open this year. Everyone should be calling about KD. Everyday.
Celtics and Bucks looking like a tier above everyone else in the East as long as they stay healthy, but the West is absolutely wide, wide open. A KD trade to a West team definitely could tip things in favor of the team he goes to.

I honestly don't know who would take Klay or Green's contract, so I'm going to have to look over the contracts later today. But there definitely isn't too many options in any case.

Best case scenario for me is of course Klay playing more methodical and not forcing things and the young bench players attacking more so Poole could get some space to manipulate the floor. But currently it seems that we're too young and too old simultaneously. The only guy that does fall under that is Looney and Wigs, but they have to take a back seat to Klay which I believe is an issue in itself. Another issue is Klay has always been sort of streaky, so if you cut his minutes, that will set him back even more, but I think that it's time to cut some of it and give some of the young guys burn with the starters.
That's kinda my view of it. Seems like after D'lo they felt like another ball handler wouldn't work next to Steph so they passed on Melo but then they maxed Poole. Klay and green are under contract til next year. If/when they tank this year they'll be in a solid position asset wise going into next season. This is another gap year imo

Poole is their only recent draft pick who’s actually ready to contribute to a title.

I wonder how hard Meyers lobbied Lacob to keep GPII. I wouldn’t expect Lacob to value him, but Meyers should’ve.

Maybe Meyers wanted to give the kids a bigger role so he could pat himself on the back for drafting them.

Regardless, none of the kids are ready. Wise is in the damn d league :rofl:

So Meyers has decisions to make. Funny enough, it’s not too different from the decisions Pelinka also has to make.

They do not have enough role players to win a title. They have plenty of assets to get some.

To me, it’s a no brainer.

You put all your chips in, spare no expense to improve your title chances today.

897x834.jpeg.055d2403dd5449afbe0e8337bf067c95

They can just add/remove days at their leisure. OK.
I don't get why people are so hung up on the "time is not real" thing? Minutes, hours, days, months, years are units of measurement. Not that dissimilar from ounces, pounds, tons for weight. You don't have people harping on weight, length, etc. being not real.

They can definitely trade the young guys to tanking teams for someone more proven. Just won’t be your normal return for lotto picks.
I don't know about that. Wiseman is Anthony Bennett status at this point and already in his 3rd year. Kuminga hasn't really shown much either. And then nobody is even really tanking yet. Might be another month or two and it's probably a lost cause by then. And on top of that they have to package both Wiseman and kuminga just to get a guy like Eric Gordon. Kinda stuck between a rock and a hard place

Back
Top Bottom