The Official NBA Thread

20240202_132234.jpg

jerry Jones, donald sterling, joe tsai, mark cuban??? Like you couldn't wait for march for such madness ? :smh:

I completely stand by my statement.

And quite honestly February is my least favorite month and I can't wait for it to end.

Lakers gonna be in hell not being able to aggregate salaries this summer?

The juice wouldn’t be worth the squeeze for what they gotta give up unless they get creative in other ways to even out the roster.

Melo was never gonna be a #1 on any team anywhere. I don't think anyone had him pegged as that when he was drafted, so I'm not sure why he loses points for not meeting that threshold. And he has never been, and probably will never be, the guy you go to consistently when you need a bucket. That's why Miller's ascendence is so important--he's gonna be that guy. Throw Miles, a healthy Mark and actual NBA rotation players into the mix and things should look better soon.

I too don't like the way Lamelo has played, but at 22 and playing for CLT all these years, I get it. Just a couple years ago they were exceeding expectations with him as a rookie, made the playin without Gordo and nearly got to the playoffs. Then, Jordan pulled the plug on Borrego and went backwards with Clifford.

I believe Lamelo can definitely be a strong 1A/1B or #2ish on a winner. How many proven #1s are there that you can win with anyway? The jury is still out on like 90+% of the league. :lol:
Honestly I just don’t think your team is going to have a ton of success when you have a high usage lead ball handler with knucklehead tendencies :lol:

Was one of my biggest issues with Russ for the longest time.

I think guys like Ice Tray and Lamelo can be good pieces on good teams. But it’s gonna be because their role is going to be smaller due to there being a guy or two on that team that are clearly better than them.

It’s why I think pairing Ice Tray with Victor Wemby or AD could be a good look for instance.

His shot selection is crazy at times but you brought up the win/lose record like that's on him. Was it on Fox when he couldn't make the playoffs his first 5 years?
Fox never had the talent lamelo had until recently. Charlotte wild dysfunctional but they had talent. The kings were drafting guys fizzling out before their rookie deal was up

He was efficiently spearheading one of the best teams in the league for years :lol:

He’s just not better than LeBron and Steve Curry.

It's a lot of guys he's not better than come playoff time. :lol:

High usage, high turnovers, bad shot selection, knucklehead, outta shape. Harden checked all those boxes ✔️. I'm just saying passes are given to certain dudes.

He was efficiently spearheading one of the best teams in the league for years :lol:

He’s just not better than LeBron and Steve Curry.
I think his Rockets years are gonna be looked at more and more favorably over time as we see his clones/similar style players struggle to guide their teams to play-in spots when he was leading Houston to top seeds year in and year out.

Bro, I am dying, we they just keep playing like that lol
Often in those kind of situations if the refs don’t stop the game the coach of the player who’s down will call a TO. Kerr must have been like, “eh, he’ll be fine eventually. I’m not gonna waste a timeout on this”. :lol:

I think his Rockets years are gonna be looked at more and more favorably over time as we see his clones/similar style players struggle to guide their teams to play-in spots when he was leading Houston to top seeds year in and year out.
I think what sucks is that they kept putting an inferior point guard with him as his best running mate. First CP, then Russ. Teams were still good, but seems pretty clear that a good wing is the best pairing with him.

He’s certainly had some playoff blunders himself though. Can’t just overlook that.

Back
Top Bottom