The Official NBA Thread

The ONLY argument against Wemby (or AD) winning is that his teammates aren’t good :lol:

36 more steals and 92 more blocks in 5 less games. Deters folks from even attempting shots just like Goober.

The eye test backs up the stats even more :lol:
It's been a team award for decades. Lowest wins I can see in the past 20 years was given to Noah and that team won 48 times. That essentially cancels out Wemby here.

Leaving AD vs Gobert A difference of nearly 10 wins and a defensive rating of 1st overall compared to 12th overall.

TBH, if you are relinquishing wing defenders as the media has essentially done, you are acknowledging that it should go to the best defender on the better team all things being equal or close enough to be and stats are effectively meaningless.

EYE hope y'all are seeing how winning is being removed in favor of stats for Wemby but those same measures aren't provided to other players.

It's been a team award for decades. Lowest wins I can see in the past 20 years was given to Noah and that team won 48 times. That essentially cancels out Wemby here.

Leaving AD vs Gobert A difference of nearly 10 wins and a defensive rating of 1st overall compared to 12th overall.

TBH, if you are relinquishing wing defenders as the media has essentially done, you are acknowledging that it should go to the best defender on the better team all things being equal or close enough to be and stats are effectively meaningless.
So you’re acknowledging that Goober does absolutely nothing better defensively than Wemby and only deserves the award because he gets to play with awesome teammates, specifically Ant and McDaniels who are 2 of the better perimeter defenders in the league?

Seems kinda funny.

He’s the exception to the rule. A generational 7’4” alien that has made an immediate impact defensively on one of the least talented teams in the league that did nothing to make themselves better in the offseason aside from drafting him. If you put Goober in his place, the Spurs would be worse defensively.

So you’re acknowledging that Goober does absolutely nothing better defensively than Wemby and only deserves the award because he gets to play with awesome teammates, specifically Ant and McDaniels who are 2 of the better perimeter defenders in the league?

Seems kinda funny.

He’s the exception to the rule. A generational 7’4” alien that has made an immediate impact defensively on one of the least talented teams in the league that did nothing to make themselves better in the offseason aside from drafting him. If you put Goober in his place, the Spurs would be worse defensively.

Id love if Wemby won and his stats support it, that one comparison of his stats this year vs one of the years Gooby won it is crazy.

That being said, its another award where wins def is a factor. Goobys teammate make him look better yeah, but hes still a big part of why their defense is good as it is. I woudnt be mad if he won it again.

The push to give Wemby the award is all agenda based to push him as the next face of the league so they can add a remarkable honor to his name of DPOY as a rookie.

I don't think Goober ever had the impact of a Dwert or even a Ben Wallace with what we've seen repeatedly with him getting destroyed in the playoffs, but he's been placed in those guys' realm. He's really a regular season player personified.

I don't think Goober ever had the impact of a Dwert or even a Ben Wallace with what we've seen repeatedly with him getting destroyed in the playoffs, but he's been placed in those guys' realm. He's really a regular season player personified.
tall french d'lo ?

Back
Top Bottom