The Official NBA Thread

I guess my issue with Gobert is they will prop him up for end of the season awards but we ALL know (same voters included) that there will be SOME point during the playoffs where dude is unplayable.

Yea yea yea, it's a season award but for the sake of their own person integrity how do they still vote for him after we've done this song and dance for so many years?

I just don't get IT.

Yeah, miss me with that easily better than Gobert nonsense on defense. He is not an anchor defensively for a top defense on the perimeter or in the post. I dont think AD has been apart of a top ten defense in like 5 years.

And don't hit me with some advanced analytics I watch the games. It's like the Kobe haters that want to say he's not even top 10 because of some data. Can't tell me what I have seen.
Kobe is the best player I've personally seen. I'll give MJ the nod though because he's the OG.

I guess my issue with Gobert is they will prop him up for end of the season awards but we ALL know (same voters included) that there will be SOME point during the playoffs where dude is unplayable.

Yea yea yea, it's a season award but for the sake of their own person integrity how do they still vote for him after we've done this song and dance for so many years?

I just don't get IT.
Because the playoffs has nothing to do with regular season awards.

Yall really ****ting on Gooby like he aint ****. :lol:

Whether hes DPOTY is one thing, but dude is a defensive anchor, he might not be the best 1 on 1 defender but its his total impact on the defensive end. Sometimes it doesnt show up on the box score with a block. Any team who gets him is gonna improve defensively without a doubt.

I just don't get IT.
While you are correct, lets wait until it happens THIS year.....

His first time playing with elite wing defenders

I am just going to keep claiming I see a road win tonight from Philly and LA so I can say I told you so, I gotta be right eventually?

This is why I love player polls.

They always give you the truth because they know what/who they’re up against.

Wemby is DPOY. He changes everything on that floor.

No narrative building. No bull****. At the end of the day the game is the game and they know it.

This is why I love player polls.

They always give you the truth because they know what/who they’re up against.

Wemby is DPOY. He changes everything on that floor.

No narrative building. No bull****. At the end of the day the game is the game and they know it.

I get your point but Player polls can be just as biased as the ones the media members put out. I damn sure wouldn't automatically call things truthful because it comes from players.

I get your point but Player polls can be just as biased as the ones the media members put out. I damn sure wouldn't automatically call things truthful because it comes from players.

Oh there are definitely some bias ones. Self interest is undefeated.

But at the end of the day I think there are more honest players than conniving ones.

So I’m going with the numbers and what my eyes have been telling me all year.

Wemby is the DPOY.

Yall really ****ting on Gooby like he aint ****. :lol:

Whether hes DPOTY is one thing, but dude is a defensive anchor, he might not be the best 1 on 1 defender but its his total impact on the defensive end. Sometimes it doesnt show up on the box score with a block. Any team who gets him is gonna improve defensively without a doubt.

When he’s fighting for his life in the PNR imma pull this

But at the end of the day I think there are more honest players than conniving ones.

Wemby is the DPOY.

Paul Pierce got a vote as someone's GOAT in those polls. They can't be trusted at times.

Wemby is the DPOY.
That's the point though. They think they're being honest and not conniving :lol:

You think Ant is 1st team All NBA over Luka or Tatum? Because that's players being honest too.

And I have no issues with Wemby DPOY but yeah just trust your own eyes because you dont need players confirmation for that one :lol:

Even if you have 30-40 percent of the players looking out for their own self interest/self worth/or just flat out bias in general….

You’ll still get more honest answers than not. That’s my point.

Back
Top Bottom