The Official NBA Thread: T'Wolves-Mavericks and Celtics-Pacers / Happy Bday broncos19dm, Wavy, B Sox

The reality is that even those teams will struggle in the near future under the CBA. You can’t even keep your own guys under the new system. Denver won’t be able to upgrade the bench without moving on from Murray or MPJ.
Puts real onus on you nailing the draft if you have picks. Basically need the late firsts and second round guys to show something. Peyton Watson and that kid from Gonzaga for the Nuggets for instance.

Ain't nothing but a minor setback beforee a major get back...

ezgif-3-9bdaaee107.gif
Book1s got immaculate grip

Grayson was apparently the glue that held it together this whole time.

I dont know why the discussion is only focused on a PG...they need size and they need depth too...badly.

Suns will just run it back next year with a new coach

After next year, they will probably have to make a major personal decision if things don't work out

People are exaggerating how screwed they are. Acting like they are dead in the water until the 2030s.

I still don’t understand what the Suns were trying to accomplish offensively. I don’t know what the points of emphasis were. the offense had no rhyme or reason, no adjustments at all. Looked like a pickup, LA fitness, every man for himself scheme.

Then they come out flat with no energy, no urgency to start BOTH home games. Walking the ball up in the first quarter :lol:

They didn’t have enough interior physicality to win a title but this is an embarrassment.
And this is where Vogel does deserve blame, IMO. Perhaps Book isn’t the most ideal PG, but given your personnel you need to use him as such as it’s your best chance to play solid offense.

They definitely played like they were just rolling the ball out there.

Puts real onus on you nailing the draft if you have picks. Basically need the late firsts and second round guys to show something. Peyton Watson and that kid from Gonzaga for the Nuggets for instance.
It really does put pressure on the draft which is why Calvin Booth said that the Nuggets might have to sacrifice this season for future runs.

I think with what we're seeing with Denver and now Minny and OKC, the "build a Big 3 super team" era is over.

The era was over with the new lux tax aprons. You just cannot afford to have 3 superstars on the team. You’re completely unable to sign any free agents. It’s really you need 2 superstars and excellent roll players.

The last time the Timberwolves won a playoff series, I was two weeks away from graduating high school.

Suns will just run it back next year with a new coach

After next year, they will probably have to make a major personal decision if things don't work out

People are exaggerating how screwed they are. Acting like they are dead in the water until the 2030s.

They are barring one of these old PGs taking the vet minimum to come there

Back
Top Bottom