The Official NBA Thread: Celtics Lead 3-1 in the NBA Finals | RIP Jerry West

Pistons/Thunder
Suns/Blazers

ezgif-3-5b404b5652.gif

A top eight player with the best young core in the league should make the playoffs fairly easily, right? Maybe even win a series?
Thunder dont have the best young core. Team is about 5 nba players and a bunch of projects/hopes and of course 40 draft picks

And Presti made it clear we are still in an information gathering stage and not trying to win yet. Which is a stupid approach and he squandered a bunch of cap space this summer to acquire random 2nd rd picks and think he was gonna flip them and get caught holding

I'll say it again Steph been getting a huge pass for playing like garbage in that Lakers series. I don't know how you can put him over Bron.

they lost cuz Kerr and Poole though. Didn’t really seem like a Steph issue. Yeah he could have played a bit better but they simply got outcoached. Quite hard to make up for role players stupidity (as Lebron fans should know).

Thunder dont have the best young core. Team is about 5 nba players and a bunch of projects/hopes and of course 40 draft picks

And Presti made it clear we are still in an information gathering stage and not trying to win yet. Which is a stupid approach and he squandered a bunch of cap space this summer to acquire random 2nd rd picks and think he was gonna flip them and get caught holding
Who got the best then

I would say okc, Indy, Portland, houston and Detroit have the best young talent

it’s not that crazy to say giddy, Chet, Williams, Wallace is the best out of the bunch

man i gotta start gearing up for the NBA season

i havent watched anything yet with baseball still going

amitt5504 amitt5504 if you watched how has the preseason games been? i know the 2 main guys aint playing thats about it

Also, saying the thunder only have 5 nba players is nasty(datz)
You’re right I am just mad we had some easy consolidation that should have happened and didnt

If you still believe in Mann that’s fine, a 1 dimensional shooter / scorer who does nothing else well and shoots 30% at that. Isn’t particularly humble or team oriented either. Give all his minutes to Isaiah Joe and/ or Wiggins

Poku/Diend, I think we can only have 1 unicorn and we should have picked. Poku got hurt then got hirt rehabbing from being hurt (shoulder at that etf was he doing, playing red rover red rover) and then got hirt again rehabbing from the first 2 hurts. He played his best basketball for a stretch of last yr yet was still overwhelmingly negative in all lineup configurations rven when his counting stars looked good individually and eye test says he can have defensive itoloty across a number of positions and off ball rim protection. Dieng is soft and scared and also cant shoot but more steady handling the ball and passing. You can go either way here, Pokus going into his extension year so maybe you bet on his potential (he was drafted higher than Maxey, Quickley and Bane btw) and getting him at a discount because of the above

Also JRE/JWill. I had typed up a longer thing but i dont think you should have both

And I think Couch Dagg’nalt was clearly bought in to command the tank then somewhat overachieved that but still does things (like play 1.537,384 lineup combinations) that I dont think you get away when you are really trying to win

Last edited:
man i gotta start gearing up for the NBA season

i havent watched anything yet with baseball still going

amitt5504 amitt5504 if you watched how has the preseason games been? i know the 2 main guys aint playing thats about it
Maxey got better
Reed still can’t shoot
Point Tobias won’t ever be a thing with PJ/Reed setting screens
Danny can still shoot
Oubre gonna be a love/hate relationship all year
Springer might be a better defender on ball than Tisse

Shai - 25
Dort - 24
Chet - 21
Jalen - 22
Giddey - 21

Best young core in the nba, by far

they lost cuz Kerr and Poole though. Didn’t really seem like a Steph issue. Yeah he could have played a bit better but they simply got outcoached. Quite hard to make up for role players stupidity (as Lebron fans should know).

You don't get a pass if you're 'him'.

Maxey got better
Reed still can’t shoot
Point Tobias won’t ever be a thing with PJ/Reed setting screens
Danny can still shoot
Oubre gonna be a love/hate relationship all year
Springer might be a better defender on ball than Tisse
appreciate you brotha

how about ball movement does it look to be moving at least even with out embiid/Harden or they getting alil stagnant and warming up to Nurses offense

im hype for the season honestly

Shai - 25
Dort - 24
Chet - 21
Jalen - 22
Giddey - 21

Best young core in the nba, by far
Houston got some nice young core too:
Sengun, Jabari smith, J. green, cam whitmore, Thompson

In a Couple years OKC got to pick and choose who they’re going to pay, or get some team friendly deals

Back
Top Bottom