The Official NBA Thread: T'Wolves-Mavs on TNT / Mavs Lead 3-0

'03 Tony at 34, Manu at 27
‘05 Tony at 37, Manu at 33
‘07 Tony at 38, Manu at 30
All the non title years in between there were similar differences.

Doesn’t really matter if you’re a better per minute guy if you’re leaving an entire quarter + change on the table :lol:

He & Tony were great complements.

Manu definitely just as talented offensively as damn near anyone from his generation, but you can’t just gloss over the minutes :lol: it bumps him down significantly in any A/B comparison

but...im not glossing over the minutes,

im saying even Manu is better per minute, Tony played more, but even with those additional minutes I still think Manu edges him in total value.

and what minue totals are those, am I looking at different numbers?
per bbal ref:

03-04 Manu 29.4, TP: 34.4
04-05 Manu 29.6 TP 33.9
07-08 Manu 31.1 TP 33.5

Whomsoever gets in their bag like this gets a 50.
will-smith-fresh-prince.gif

Not sure if Obi defends his title.

Whomsoever gets in their bag like this gets a 50.

Whoever can add the theatrics will win
I expect utah marching band to play someone out
Someone dunking over the head of the mormon church
Bring Karl and john to run PNR

Don't get me wrong, GSW should feel confident to make the play-in and tonight is tough vs Cavs after OT vs Celtics, but crazy to just mail it in during tight playoff race.

They’ve been consistently punting b2b’s all year :lol: I think your guys have to earn that by playing well beforehand, but I guess we’ll see how things shake out in April & May.

They’ve been consistently punting b2b’s all year :lol: I think your guys have to earn that by playing well beforehand, but I guess we’ll see how things shake out in April & May.
Them and the Clippers got a backloaded schedule this season too.

Nobody in the West is really. Denver and Memphis have both pulled away from the rest of the field a bit, but need to win as much as possible for purposes of competing with eachother for the 1st seed.
Bizarro year

6.5 games separate 5 to 10 in the East
3.5 separates 5 through 12 in the West

but...im not glossing over the minutes,

im saying even Manu is better per minute, Tony played more, but even with those additional minutes I still think Manu edges him in total value.

and what minue totals are those, am I looking at different numbers?
per bbal ref:

03-04 Manu 29.4, TP: 34.4
04-05 Manu 29.6 TP 33.9
07-08 Manu 31.1 TP 33.5
My numbers were the playoffs, which is why we care about any of these guys in the first place.

His best years from ‘05-‘11 he averaged 29 mpg in the reg season, 33 mpg in the playoffs.

Paltry numbers relative to any star player.

My numbers were the playoffs, which is why we care about any of these guys in the first place.

His best years from ‘05-‘11 he averaged 29 mpg in the reg season, 33 mpg in the playoffs.

Paltry numbers relative to any star player.

oh playoff minutes.

So Tony played in those championship years about 17% more minutes. so the question is was Manu Ginobili more than 17% better per minute than Tony Parker?

I think on defense alone Manu was more than 17%, so my conclusion still stands.

Overall Manu is the better player.

Back
Top Bottom