The Official NBA Thread: Mavericks-T'Wolves Game 1 on TNT

One of my favorite things about the game today is the mics under the basket.

Love hearing players yelling expletives at each other or in general.

That’s almost what endeared me most w/ Me7o

[haven’t seen this mix ☺️]

Watched intently hoping to see some footage of him doing this in OKC, but he was like everyone else there, relegated to boxing out duty.

Now I like Steph. Don’t let me spread the bad juju lol
office.gif

I mean he was being held down by Simmons his entire career. Last year they harden, he ain’t 100%, Embiid gets mailed by Siakam in R1. He missed 2 games. Bounced by the heat. Fine

They have a full year this year. Had the best record (I think) from Christmas or something through the rest of the season. Sweep the nets. Harden shows out and regains his MVP form in G1. You go back and snatched their souls (or so we thought) in game 5. The best win of Embiid’s career. A signature win. Honestly, the most complete and satisfying victory from the Sixers in decades. You’re home for the closeout. This should be IT.

And you turn that in? As a team I’m saying. It’s great they came back. It felt like the momentum was theirs into the 4th. They were steady. Then they just could get an arms length away. They let them hang around and that’s what happens.

1 point in the last 5 minutes. What’s the excuse? Who’s making a play? They got nothing. Hardens kicking to PJ FKING TUCKER in the corner. Embiid gives you nothing. The bench is horrible. It’s always been horrible. For 6 years the bench has been putrid.

So nah I’m not even really mad at Embiid I guess. Because honestly, where was everyone else down the stretch? Why is PJ Tucker taking 3s late in the game? Did Tobias take a shot in the second half? What is this offense?

I’d say we’re going home on Sunday but honestly neither of these teams have shown they can win at home reliably in this series and neither should have full confidence from their fans.

Preaching.

Good luck on Sunday… like you said,you can still win.

KCP has had an interesting career. We're the viewed as kind of a joke for a while but really came into his own in 2020 with the Lakers. Now he's one of the better role players in the league.

amitt5504 amitt5504
What is the general view on Tobias from 76ers fans? I always thought when he was younger he was a useful piece you could put on a bunch of teams. It seems like his contract just makes him a target

Yeah, nobody is beating Denver this year. They've been the only consistently good team throughout the playoffs. Barring injury, they should win the title this year.

Back
Top Bottom