The Official NBA Thread

Miami has expirings and the natural fit if they admit they want to rebuild. Can get the expirings, swaps, pick of any of the young talent they like.

Some other foundations of trades that could work:
76ers: Tobias Harris (expiring), Maxey, +picks
Minny: Kat + conley (expiring)
Hawks: Trae Young
LAL: DLo sign and trade + Bamba and/or Beasley (expirings)
NO: Zion or Ingram + filler
Indian: Buddy Hield + Filler/young talent

Can add picks/swaps depending on the team
Why would you want back any guards with years when your main pieces right now are all guards? That is the whole point of not trading for Herro IMO.

I have been proposing a Lowry-centric trade from the jump but not sure Portland wants go in the salary dump direction and would like a player back otherwise Lowry’s name should have come up in the mainstream rumors right now. All w e heard was that Riley want to make a trade without giving up Herro or Duncan.

Miami has expirings and the natural fit if they admit they want to rebuild. Can get the expirings, swaps, pick of any of the young talent they like.

Some other foundations of trades that could work:
76ers: Tobias Harris (expiring), Maxey, +picks
Minny: Kat + conley (expiring)
Hawks: Trae Young
LAL: DLo sign and trade + Bamba and/or Beasley (expirings)
NO: Zion or Ingram + filler
Indian: Buddy Hield + Filler/young talent

Can add picks/swaps depending on the team
Again, can’t see a scenario where bringing in another guard when you already have simons, scoot and sharpe.

Continuing with salary dumping trends lately, the Heat are dumping Lowry this week right?

Seems like he could be the right vet in Houston or San Antonio.

Blazers landing scoot feels like it’s going to have be a 3 team deal

Agreed. And I would have to look at teams with cap space but IDK what franchise is going to willingly sign up to take on Herro’s contract while giving up assets to make the Miami Heat a Super Team. It would have to be non-contender that is probably in the West (no East time would likely want to help Miami and only get Herro back)

Why would you want back any guards with years when your main pieces right now are all guards? That is the whole point of not trading for Herro IMO.

I have been proposing a Lowry-centric trade from the jump but not sure Portland wants go in the salary dump direction and would like a player back otherwise Lowry’s name should have come up in the mainstream rumors right now. All w e heard was that Riley want to make a trade without giving up Herro or Duncan.
Again, can’t see a scenario where bringing in another guard when you already have simons, scoot and sharpe.
Can include Simons in the trade if no longer believe in him, not sure how they feel about him, but I don't believe he's worth 100mil (undersized 2 guard, not good on defensive end)
Can exclude the guard trades if you want then, there's still plenty included with no guards and reasoning to trade Dame with flipping a guard in mind. (ex. Washington just traded for CP3 and flipped him)
Lowry is for the expiring contract, nothing else. Would have to include Duncan/Herro if you believe in them or that you can flip them for more
Tobias Harris been playing PF
KAT
Ingram/Zion

Point is to start the rebuild, get that salary off your books, free Dame, get the best young talent/picks/swaps/assets. Reset. They have a nice young core with: Sharpe, Scoot, Simons, need to build around that young core for 2 years from now

IMG_3621.jpeg

aepps20 aepps20 whats going on here brethren.

Can include Simons in the trade if no longer believe in him, not sure how they feel about him, but I don't believe he's worth 100mil (undersized 2 guard, not good on defensive end)
Can exclude the guard trades if you want then, there's still plenty included with no guards and reasoning to trade Dame with flipping a guard in mind. (ex. Washington just traded for CP3 and flipped him)
Lowry is for the expiring contract, nothing else. Would have to include Duncan/Herro if you believe in them or that you can flip them for more
KAT
Ingram/Zion

Point is to start the rebuild, get that salary off your books, free Dame, get the best young talent/picks/swaps/assets. Reset. They have a nice young core with: Sharpe, Scoot, Simons, need to build around that young core for 2 years from now

I understand the logic of trading for an expiring and was initially on that train. I think you only trade for Tobi (expiring) if Maxey is included because Dame is worth THAT much and Maxey is legit. You could flip him if you wanted to keep Simons/Sharpe/Scoot together but IMO he’s better than Simons/Sharpe so there’s that.

I don’t think Herro is going to yield much if you try to flip him, if you can flip him at all. CP3 was able to be traded solely because he’s an expiring.

KAT could work. So could Ingram/Zion could if that’s still a thing.

I proposed the Ben Simmons trade like you did for picks/tanking purposes so that would be a possible option too.

Bruh I know we didn’t trade JC for Rudy Gay ole ***. I know I wanted him gone but not like this. What is the real play because we ain’t about to get **** from Rudy in 2023.

KAT
Ingram/Zion

Can’t say you don’t believe in Simons and the offer Herro as the main piece back.
1687824756470.jpeg
1687824780266.jpeg

EYE been said a Dame trade where Portland doesn’t just give him away won’t be easy.

Bruh I know we didn’t trade JC for Rudy Gay ole ***. I know I wanted him gone but not like this. What is the real play because we ain’t about to get **** from Rudy in 2023.

Getting rid of salary.

This is the now the NFL era of the NBA (up until the next CBA).

EYE been said a Dame trade where Portland doesn’t just give him away won’t be easy.

Another thing that gets lost on me when discussing the Blazers is that Joe Cronin is a brand new GM. Can’t have your first big move be trading Dame for a low value return.

Before Winger/Wiz and Beal get brought up, that was different (NTC, no current valuable pieces to build around, Dame being the better player, etc).

Continuing with salary dumping trends lately, the Heat are dumping Lowry this week right?

Seems like he could be the right vet in Houston or San Antonio.
Hopefully houston. He would be the perfect vet and you roll over cap space for next summer.

Can’t say you don’t believe in Simons and the offer Herro as the main piece back.
1687824756470.jpeg
1687824780266.jpeg

Then don't trade Simons. Don't need to, thats their option if they WANT to. If not, get Herro, Lowry expiring and whatever picks/swaps. Then flip whoever you like less between Simons/Herro.

Dame: "I'm not trying to sit through a rebuild but I'm also not asking for a trade"

Cronin: "We're going to do what's best for our org and also look to be competitive"

Dame: "Say Less"

Chris Haynes: "While frustrated, Dame has optimism Blazers will build a formidable team but if they do not he is quite interested in playing for the Miami Heat but also wants to win a Championship in Portland, Sources Say"
Who's on third?

Another thing that gets lost on me when discussing the Blazers is that Joe Cronin is a brand new GM. Can’t have your first big move be trading Dame for a low value return.
1687826219357.png
Then don't trade Simons. Don't need to, thats their option if they WANT to. If not, get Herro, Lowry expiring and whatever picks/swaps. Then flip whoever you like less between Simons/Herro.
Fine but throw in Jovic and Jaquez

Back
Top Bottom