The Official NBA Thread

2012-13

Bron should’ve got it.

1. Memphis's defense was significantly better and was .5 points off the top of the league.

2. C is more valuable than wing during the regular season.

3. we look back at that roster as great defensively,
but Conley, Z-Bo, Rudy Gay, didn't have great defensive reputations untill the defense was really built around Marc.

1. Memphis's defense was significantly better and was .5 points off the top of the league.

2. C is more valuable than wing during the regular season.

3. we look back at that roster as great defensively,
but Conley, Z-Bo, Rudy Gay, didn't have great defensive reputations untill the defense was really built around Marc.

How are you going to mention all them and not mention Tony Allen who was the actual best defender on that team who made 1st team all defense?

You’re better than that.

How are you going to mention all them and not mention Tony Allen who was the actual best defender on that team who made 1st team all defense?

You’re better than that.

Because a C has a bigger impact than a Wing on defense.

So Tony Allen getting a positional all defense nod is irrelevant.

It's easier to take them out of the play.

Because a C has a bigger impact than a Wing on defense.

So Tony Allen getting a positional all defense nod is irrelevant.

It's easier to take them out of the play.

My point was Marc Gasol wasn’t an elite shot blocker and he was surrounded by other great defenders that made him look better than what he was.

I’d understand if he was leading the league in blocks or posting crazy numbers but he wasn’t.

Like the whole day in here…

IMG_1199.gif

My point was Marc Gasol wasn’t an elite shot blocker and he was surrounded by other great defenders that made him look better than what he was.

I’d understand if he was leading the league in blocks or posting crazy numbers but he wasn’t.

You don't need to be an elite shot blocker to be a great rim protector and a great defensive C.

Plenty of C's with high block rates who weren't nearly as impactful on actually preventing the other team from scoring points.

Hassan Whiteside, Brandon Wright ect.

And you gotta remember this is the spread pick and roll era but PRE the switching era

so traditional big man pick and roll coverage was way more important and valuable.

Yeah to you he wasn't, you a lifelong Kobe hater. A lot of this thread is too. :lol:

None of y'all can really name 10 that's better.

Easily

MJ
Kareem
Lebron
Magic
Bird
Duncan
Shaq
Hakeem
Wilt
Russell

Most people on this list have at least 2 fmvps

Tell me which ones Kobe and Steph better than without taking off Wilt and Russell resorting to “MODERN DAY BASKETBALL” tactics

This the GOAT list not the modern day basketball list.

Easily

MJ
Kareem
Lebron
Magic
Bird
Duncan
Shaq
Hakeem
Wilt
Russell

Most people on this list have at least 2 fmvps

Tell me which ones Kobe and Steph better than without taking off Wilt and Russell resorting to “MODERN DAY BASKETBALL” tactics

This the GOAT list not the modern day basketball list.

I love Hakeem but he not over Kobe. Hakeem was 2/3 in NBA finals. Kobe is 5/7. C'mon with Wilt and Russell we didn't see them and that's a whole different era of basketball. Kobe passed Shaq after #5. He passed up Duncan in 08. Kobe's peak was longer than Birds peak.

I love Hakeem but he not over Kobe. Hakeem was 2/3 in NBA finals. Kobe is 5/7. C'mon with Wilt and Russell we didn't see them and that's a whole different era of basketball. Kobe passed Shaq after #5. He passed up Duncan in 08. Kobe's peak was longer than Birds peak.

Hakeem
2xfmvp
mvp
2xdpoy
3xblocks leader
2xrebs leader

Shaq
3xfmvp
mvp
2xscoring champ
roty

Kobe
2xfmvp
mvp
2xscoring champ

I could go on but it’s late.

Maybe tmr.

Mentioning TD and Kobe in the same breath is actually disrespectful.

Steph has not one time won anything in an adverse or desperate situation.
:lol: :lol:
idk if this is just basketball ignorance or an attempt at the most blatant and careless revisionist history.. but this has to be one of the worst takes i’ve seen on NT since i joined in 2005

warriors have been down 2-1 in multiple playoff series —memphis ‘14, cavs ‘14, okc (3-1) ‘16, rockets (3-2) ‘18 celtics ‘22, kings ‘23 —and won those series. those aren’t adverse/desperate situations?

Agreed almost like if PP never spoke in the media, he would be regarded higher in the all time ranks. His off the court stuff has hurt the public opinion of his abilities/accomplishments

I think playing too long especially those Clippers years did more harm than his talking.

Draymond trash talk alone did major damage

Back
Top Bottom