The Official NBA Thread: PLAYOFFS

The Lakers are toxic right now, man.

Russ isn’t happy at all. Whatever joy he got from hooping…clearly isn’t there anymore. Same with AD. They including Bron…are all top 75 players. They haven’t been able to put it together. And Russ/AD’s reputation is at an all time low.

Where
Is
The
Lie

??
since when is AD not happy ?
AD's rep has been the same since he got to LA, we go where his health takes us

“I don’t care what he says,” Davis said. “People say stuff for ratings. Like, they got to push their show, push their blog, push their podcast, whatever it is. So, people got to say something to bring in viewers. It is what it is. I go out there and play basketball and let them do their job. My job is to hoop. Their job is to talk about me.”

need to see ALA's YTD P&L

61BDB7BF-D513-4A2A-91E5-80A80C2D2E87.gif

But no seriously. Bron has to take some accountability. The fault of his, is not adjusting to even to try to play another way. At 38, he should focus more on the little things that impact winning. But for the past couple seasons…he has neglected doing that. That’s a sacrifice which means less minutes, less points, less assists, less rebounds, less ball in his hands. And more cutting, screening, defending, moving the ball. Getting back on defense etc etc.

Russ was always going to be a bad fit. But none of these dudes adjusted at all. Like none. It’s a fractured team, and it has to start with the leader at some point. He can’t be blameless in this.
Thinking Basketball made this point in their GOAT series. An easy argument to put Jordan over Bron is the fact that his game is way more malleable and with Bron its Bron Ball or die at this point. IDK how much I really want to give credence to that, cause I feel like the game just shifted in a manner to where Bron Ball not only extended his career a ton, its just blatantly the best way for him to be playing.

But interesting point nonetheless

AD same guy he’s always been to me. 2020 was an aberration in terms of his durability and shooting. But he’s always been prone to having periods in games when he seems disinterested or content with coasting. While also still capable of stretches of dominance.

This Lakers team just doesn’t have enough talent behind AD and Bron for AD not to be great all the time and for them to still win.

Last edited:
61BDB7BF-D513-4A2A-91E5-80A80C2D2E87.gif

But no seriously. Bron has to take some accountability. The fault of his, is not adjusting to even to try to play another way. At 38, he should focus more on the little things that impact winning. But for the past couple seasons…he has neglected doing that. That’s a sacrifice which means less minutes, less points, less assists, less rebounds, less ball in his hands. And more cutting, screening, defending, moving the ball. Getting back on defense etc etc.

Russ was always going to be a bad fit. But none of these dudes adjusted at all. Like none. It’s a fractured team, and it has to start with the leader at some point. He can’t be blameless in this.

The last paragraph is facts, they all to talked sacrifice before joining but none of them are willing to do it. Bron still wants to get his, Russ is incapable of doing it apparently, and AD don't want to take the step up and take ownership of the team.

And Bron is the one that has the skillset to be able to do it the easiest out of the 3 of them.

All bad.

Thinking Basketball made this point in their GOAT series. An easy argument to put Jordan over Bron is the fact that his game is way more malleable and with Bron its Bron Ball or die at this point. IDK how much I really want to give credence to that, cause I feel like the game just shifted in a manner to where Bron Ball not only extended his career a ton, its just blatantly the best way for him to be playing.

Not saying they’re wrong, but when did Jordan show that his game was “way more malleable”?

Bron is the reason Isiah Thomas career went downhill. Bron is the reason Wade’s knees turned to dust and Bosh got blood clots. Bron is the reason Kevin Love has been a bench player the past 5 years. Bron is responsible for AD aka Mr. Glass. Bron is responsible for Westbrook looking like Poku. Common knowledge guys

Is it really more malleable? Bron has played with a bunch of different guys and styles

Serious question, why do people talk about the lakers in here all the time if you’re not a fan?

I get talking about them bc it’s an nba thread but people that don’t like them will talk about them more than their own teams. All day. Everyday. Weekends. Nights. So weird.

Serious question, why do people talk about the lakers in here all the time if you’re not a fan?

I get talking about them bc it’s an nba thread but people that don’t like them will talk about them more than their own teams. All day. Everyday. Weekends. Nights. So weird.

Because Bron is on the Lakers roster.

Back
Top Bottom