The Official NBA Thread: PLAYOFFS

Once his body is adjusted to playing more minutes I don't see what's stopping him from that eventually.

He's averaging something absurd per 36 this season already :lol:, something like 26-12-4blocks :sick:

It's even crazier over his last 10 games

Feels crazy to think there's a chance this is the worst version of him that we'll see :lol:

Yeah the NBA gon have a problem in 2-3 years.

Predictable offense with minimal ball and player movement makes defenses look good.

To me that’s more of what was going on in the dead-ball era than the defenses actually being more elite.
Used to be like at least 2 players on the court at all times that were only capable of scoring right by the hoop if at all.

Now there’s always 4-5 guys able to shoot 3s at a relatively high level. Significantly more space on the court to try to cover and defend.

Then you bring in somebody like Luka that is bigger and stronger than anyone trying to guard him, can get hot from 3, and is one of the best passers of all time so if you try to double him you’re screwed.

Hawks defense sucked per usual, but he had EVERYTHING going for him last night.

Even the defensive stopper types of today are bringing other stuff to the table. Some can facilitate offense like Draymond and Marcus. Some can be streaky scorers too like Dillon the Villain. Some can be knock down 3pt shooters.

Just a completely different game now. You aren’t getting much time out on the court if you aren’t able to impact the game in multiple facets.

I noticed prizepicks had him at 37.5 points… that’s a crazy high number lol… they’ve done this so many times on other nights— it truly is scary how they know these things
Bottom 5 defense, no Kyrie to steal usage and the single largest factor - Atlanta was highly unlikely to blow them out like Phoenix did.

Embiid’s line against Atlanta will probably be lower because you have to factor in the likelihood of him sitting out the fourth.

And Luka did it in Atlanta…. :sick:

The city he SHOULD have been in… :sick:
20240127_010041.jpg

Even the defensive stopper types of today are bringing other stuff to the table. Some can facilitate offense like Draymond and Marcus. Some can be streaky scorers too like Dillon the Villain. Some can be knock down 3pt shooters.

Just a completely different game now. You aren’t getting much time out on the court if you aren’t able to impact the game in multiple facets.

Tayshaun Prince was doing all that… as a matter of fact, who are Draymond and Marcus Smart so much better than, from that era?

This era has seen guys like Ben Simmons and Draymond be all stars :lol: :lol: :rofl:

The Nets literally went 11/52 from 3 in a game this year. The Rockets missed 27 straight three’s…

The problem with the modern NBA is that EVERYONE thinks their a great 3-point shooter. In the past, players knew their deficiencies and knew where their bread was buttered. Not anymore. Below average shooters out here shooting a ton of 3s per game. That’s not skill

Last edited:
I will never understand what went on pre-draft that led to basically 3 dudes going before him.

Will never understand it.

I was so convinced the Suns were going to draft him in 2018 man.

I wasn’t paying attention any of the mocks because like an idiot I figured people would understand what he did in Europe was unprecedented and will never happen again.

They hired the Slovene coach and I thought him and Book were about to set it off.

It’s a shame.

Back
Top Bottom