The Official NBA Thread: PLAYOFFS

giphy.gif

I can’t talk at all. I turn the big 40 in July. I never grew a beard but my high top fade has more grays than I’d like. I think the stress of life is getting me but I'm not sure.

Ya’ll tripping. I’d rather have a head full of gray hair, than be balding but hair still it’s original color

Dreads and wicks flowing, my cousin called me black Jesus a few weeks ago :lol: :lol: :pimp:

Not an engineer, not an expert whatsoever, just went to an engineering school and was forced to design bridges for a semester and from what little I remember most bridges would've fallen just the same. They're built flexible to withstand wind, waves and minor earthquakes but not boats the size of the bridge crashing into them.

These bridges also did not cost the same

Boom and that’s the bigger point here.

First off, not all modern bridges are built like this.

Secondly, maybe the bridge maybe would not have collapse like the Key bridge.

But there still would be major damage, effectively closing the bridge.

The bridges in NYC are always having some kind of work or maintenance done on them.

Best city in the world.

Big Bridge Thread is crazy

Good looks dawg! Appreciate you checking on *****s. I don’t stay too far from there, and been over that bridge alot of times. That bridge kinda eerie. Crazy this happened. Glad none of my ppls that drive trucks was out there.

RIP to them folks that lost their life. This going to impact a lot. A whole lot. Major port. Traffic. Business. Etc etc

As someone who works in transportation and supply chain and has seen these ocean liners up close and personal, I don’t think people understand how massive they are. On average, an ocean liner that is loaded with FEU’s and TEU’s is going to weigh anywhere around 200,000 TONS.

not a civil engineer by any means, but to suggest that a modern bridge would be able to withstand an ocean liner barreling ahead and making direct contact with one of its support beams without little destruction is ridiculous

Of course it would cause damage. And the bridge would be closed for a few weeks for maintenance but it’s not coming down.

Especially not like a deck a cards. :lol:

unions something something ....

Old Tappan Zee would have definitely gone down like a deck of cards tho. :lol:

That thing was terrible. :lol:

1711471057848.jpeg

Old Infrastructure, underfunded schools where is my tax money actually going?

Alright so we already have an answer.

It is clear you didn't read any of my post

So I'm gonna stop wasting my time engaging with you

I literally said multiple times some bridges won't come down like this one.

I'll sit this one out and listen to the experts

Chicks think we up to no good and on the hunt 24/7 when fellaz really be discussing bridges on a sneaker forum to start their Tuesday :lol:

This is more of state issue tho, not federal.

We had to pay so much for our new bridge.

Put pressure on your states.

"It was a controlled demo"

Biden didn't just pass a Bipartisan Infrastructure Bill? Not putting any of this on him but I thought it wasn't JUST a state funded thing. I feel like a bridge in a major port city like Baltimore would definitely be a federal priority if it was really as outdated as people are saying.

Also while we're here the state vs federal divide is easily one of my biggest American pet peeves.

Infrastructure funding an maintenance is primarily the role of the federal government

Post your bridge day?!

Cross this bridge damn near every week.

360_F_332562549_Ym61L4P2k9a26J0lAr63ExtOhSdMBV2Z.jpg
3bc1a69eb7ac58fc808304d10c3a20a5.jpg

Scared of heights and we in earthquake country. I always leave a big *** gap between myself and the car ahead of me in case I feel some shaking I can floor it to the other end. Best strategy I got. :lol:

Always beautiful though.

From an engineering and aesthetic point of view, sure. But actually driving through there gave me anxiety.

Oh damn. I see. :lol:

I

So you’re scared of driving over water but okay with flying over it?

I like driving through tunnels, don't like bridges.

This is all so revelating.

I never there were so many people out there scared of driving on bridges or going thru tunnels.

I was originally a civil enigeer major. One day we had to build a bridge. Every bridge I built collapsed when 1-3 cars went over it. I changed majors based on that day.

Real hero.

Seeing the simulator display the stress each section was under, watching them light up red, praying and then seeing it all fall apart knowing if I succeeded I'd just be given a new one to design had me wanting to jump off a bridge. I don't know how the pros do it.

Now this I can understand. I have an issue with mall escalators high up too.

1711475112773.jpeg

I'm not personally afraid of either. No.

I guess if I had to choose one I'd prefer to go on a bridge. Someone here got killed going through a tunnel when a panel fell from the ceiling and crushed her car.

071006tunnelmw011.jpg

Yo I can't keep up, are the ships woke or the bridges? We know breasts are.

My first choice as a college major was being an engineer because my dad and grandfather were one.

The universe had a different plan for me. And it's messenger was College Physics

Me tryna to understand the first week's lectures:
math-zack-galifianakis.gif

Me tryna survive the first midterm:
ezgif-2-a4461203ab.gif

Me 10 minutes into the next lecture after I got my results of the midterm:
lebron-james-leaving.gif

Headed straight to the library to drop the class and take that "W" on my transcript. No need to waste my time, the professor's time, and the time of Five-Star notebook. I got the message

mods please delete all bridge related posts as this is the NBA thread and not the bridge thread darthska darthska

Last edited:
BTW, today is my birthday, I turn 38 :smh:

I woke up and saw the old photo of me and my grandmother on my dresser and my hairline, hair color, and line-up looked immaculate.

dj-khaled-kca-2019-rc-billboard-1548.jpg

Then I walked into the bathroom, turned on the light, looked into the mirror and....

khaled-cover-e1586853080491.jpg

:smh: Youth and hairlines are wasted on the young.
Happy bday dawg…Hope you hittin the strip for some shenanigans, but don’t party party tho

Back
Top Bottom