The Official Netflix Thread Tho: Recommend Streaming Movies

finished tranwreck and hbo woodstock docs this week

hbo doc was better. just felt more accurate.....with theirs, they touched on guy dying, which I didnt recall.......they also mentioned a NYS prison guard that was charged for sexual assault of 15 year old girl.....44 arrests were made for various crimes, not sure which of those is sexual....only 8 sexual assaults were reported...on netflix dock they only made mention of 4.....

interesting thing hbo mentioned Coachella for the first time taking place in cali 3 months later.....they learned valuable lessons from woodstock, free water bottles as you went in, free parking and i'll guess better security.....daf tame lineup

both docs had good luck to feature john scher....don't know if he got paid but he is clearly the villain and a moron for even taking part of this. on hbo he blamed limp bizket lol(nah dude your greed ignited it), meanwhile on day 3 press conf dude was saying how good things were going minus a few bad apples......day 3 before it started the mayor of rome ny was saying yea thanks for congratulating us on a success but its not over yet

john also blamed MTV, like dude you want them to not report the mess you made?

they didn't pay for highly trained guards and/or officers.........say what you will about cops but having kids do security for event featuring other kids is moronic. they could have had them at a entry level and the trained experienced men/woman overseeing and out in the field....

250k? 300k? 400? 8-2 at least men to woman? I wish someone asked john/michael what was the plan to protect these women? showers for woman right next to men? wow who was going around keeping eye out for these young women.....bet they were asked but said no thanks for those questions

looking back they def did poor job picking lineup. but the artist can't be blamed for that....go check out Coachella lineup from 1999....i'd bet the ratio for that wasnt 8-2 men-women. maybe more like 9-1???
even 8-2, men should be respectful and women safe but with conditions,..........music fan base, poor facilities, rip off, lack of water, heat all lead to fuse being lit. I mean limpbizket and others did have rock shows with 8-2 ratios before and after right? bet a lot more civilized

i'm glad I didnt go to that mess, was going to go.....even had money ready then asked why is it so cheap? includes hotel right? nah we sleep on floor in sleeping bags......pass on that!

I dont even think they allowed sleeping bags!

edit.
also both docs mentioned fight club....i think as if that movie sparked white men to that level of aggression, from what I recall.(maybe they just cited 99 as the year featuring white male aggression)...
.I found that hard to believe from that movie prospective only because that movie wasnt a hit in theaters.....it became more and more popular as the years went on.....just looked it up, that movie wasnt even released until nov that year.....

Last edited:
finished tranwreck and hbo woodstock docs this week

hbo doc was better. just felt more accurate.....with theirs, they touched on guy dying, which I didnt recall.......they also mentioned a NYS prison guard that was charged for sexual assault of 15 year old girl.....44 arrests were made for various crimes, not sure which of those is sexual....only 8 sexual assaults were reported...on netflix dock they only made mention of 4.....

interesting thing hbo mentioned Coachella for the first time taking place in cali 3 months later.....they learned valuable lessons from woodstock, free water bottles as you went in, free parking and i'll guess better security.....daf tame lineup

both docs had good luck to feature john scher....don't know if he got paid but he is clearly the villain and a moron for even taking part of this. on hbo he blamed limp bizket lol(nah dude your greed ignited it), meanwhile on day 3 press conf dude was saying how good things were going minus a few bad apples......day 3 before it started the mayor of rome ny was saying yea thanks for congratulating us on a success but its not over yet

john also blamed MTV, like dude you want them to not report the mess you made?

they didn't pay for highly trained guards and/or officers.........say what you will about cops but having kids do security for event featuring other kids is moronic. they could have had them at a entry level and the trained experienced men/woman overseeing and out in the field....

250k? 300k? 400? 8-2 at least men to woman? I wish someone asked john/michael what was the plan to protect these women? showers for woman right next to men? wow who was going around keeping eye out for these young women.....bet they were asked but said no thanks for those questions

looking back they def did poor job picking lineup. but the artist can't be blamed for that....go check out Coachella lineup from 1999....i'd bet the ratio for that wasnt 8-2 men-women. maybe more like 9-1???
even 8-2, men should be respectful and women safe but with conditions,..........music fan base, poor facilities, rip off, lack of water, heat all lead to fuse being lit. I mean limpbizket and others did have rock shows with 8-2 ratios before and after right? bet a lot more civilized

i'm glad I didnt go to that mess, was going to go.....even had money ready then asked why is it so cheap? includes hotel right? nah we sleep on floor in sleeping bags......pass on that!

I dont even think they allowed sleeping bags!

edit.
also both docs mentioned fight club....i think as if that movie sparked white men to that level of aggression, from what I recall.(maybe they just cited 99 as the year featuring white male aggression)...
.I found that hard to believe from that movie prospective only because that movie wasnt a hit in theaters.....it became more and more popular as the years went on.....just looked it up, that movie wasnt even released until nov that year.....
just watched it a couple of nights back and the wife and I had a discussion about it. it is way different from what I saw it shown on MTV like it was a great concert. I remember watching the Sheryl Crow, Jewel and Willie Nelson segment. I just couldn't believe that it was our generation that caused so much chaos and stupidity. all I can say is that there are several factors that contributed to the massive mayhem. I would go on a limb that it is mainly the organizers fault that caused it. poor security, poor organization, ignorance/stupidity, themeless and greed. anyway, I knew our generation was wild during that time but I never imagined it could end up in total anarchy. what is despicable is how the organizers downplayed the whole situation. not sure if they got sued for it but I hope they did. having fun is great but violating other people against their will is totally uncool.

Day shift feels like a 2012 action movie that I’d watch on a random Saturday afternoon in a theater cause there’s nothing else to do

quite a mediocre vamp movie although in fairness, it is still a better love story than Twilight.

quite a mediocre vamp movie although in fairness, it is still a better love story than Twilight.
I remember me and boys saw the preview to the movie thinking it was sick because they showed the fight scene. Then low and behold, Edward starts sparkling in the sun and we all walked out. :lol:

Had no idea that it was a romantic novel at the time, I thought it was going to be on
some Underworld action.

I remember me and boys saw the preview to the movie thinking it was sick because they showed the fight scene. Then low and behold, Edward starts sparkling in the sun and we all walked out. :lol:

Had no idea that it was a romantic novel at the time, I thought it was going to be on
some Underworld action.
same situation. I thought it was good since it was recommended to me by a buddy of mine. once I saw the Sparkles, I knew I had to stop watching. never saw any of that s*** ever again. it's an overrated hormone-induced pubescent wetdream.

UnderWorld was damn good but I just loved 30 Days of Night. possibly one of the scariest vampire movies, if not the scariest vampire movie that I ever watched.

Back
Top Bottom