The Official Netflix Thread Tho: Recommend Streaming Movies

I do feel American Vandal could have been an episode or two less, but I highly enjoyed it. I hear ramblings of a season two, but touching on a different subject, I'd watch again...

Saw Meyerowitz Stories....I am just not a fan of Noah Bambauch...Only enjoy Sandler and Hoffman and Emma Thompson always saying "The Dad," but did not like the movie much.

Tonight will watch The Babysitter and start Mindhunter this weekend.

Mindhunter is class lads, slow burning criminal psych thriller. The first "sequence" killer, kemper, is grìpping and twisted but amazingly acted. Def give it a try!

Watching Mindhunter right now, episode 1 and I'm close to turning it off. The dialogue between dude and shawty in the bar is so damn painful. Who the hell talks like that?? I hope this isn't a sign of what's to come. Or they're trying to set those two up as terribly awkward characters.

Watching Mindhunter right now, episode 1 and I'm close to turning it off. The dialogue between dude and shawty in the bar is so damn painful. Who the hell talks like that?? I hope this isn't a sign of what's to come. Or they're trying to set those two up as terribly awkward characters.
it isn't she appears rarely actually in later episodes, do agree that initial bar scene is annoying

Finished The Babysitter like a half hour ago. It was entertaining lol

Samara Weaving is like a poor womans Margot Robbie. They both look good tho lol

Perception.
I personally loved the dialogue.
It was a sign of things to come in the series, you know, what to expect from the characters and how they communicate.
It shows itself early and often, for example, when they're laying in bed and she says "finger my p___" or when he's teaching his class and they are doing a role playing exercise and they are using that "jive" slang and one student gets upset when called the f word for gays, or when he goes to Iowa and he and his new partner are trying to engage the town police force about the "psychology" of killing and the whole force (particularly the Seasoned vet) is really annoyed with the big words and the way Holder decides to get his point across.

That one scene in the bar between those two that you find annoying, to me said something different entirely.
I won't go much further into it but I loved it.
I can see why it was that way.

Currently watching Mindhunter. On the second episode now. I'm enjoying it a lot so far. I've enjoyed Fincher's previous work and psychology has always been very interesting to me. Loving the dialogue too.
As for Holden, I don't think his dialogue is unrealistic or bad or anything so far. I'm guessing he maybe has something like Aspergers. Or he's just highly intelligent but very naive but it feels like something more than that.

Last edited:
Netflix to Spend $8 Billion on Original Content in 2018

Netflix will spend somewhere between $7 billion and $8 billion on content in 2018, up from $6 billion this year. This coincides with their push toward big-budget tentpoles, which has already seen the release of titles like award-winning military drama Beasts of No Nation (2015), Oscar-nominated Ava DuVernay doc 13
th (2016), and Cannes-praised action adventure flick Okja (2017), among others.

Since introducing original series like House of Cards and Orange Is the New Black back in 2013, Netflix has become a leading competitor within the TV landscape, rolling out new shows at an increasingly breakneck pace, luring industry heavyweights like Shonda Rhimes away from network television, and effectively revolutionizing the way creators think about small screen content. Now, it seems they’re setting their sights on doing the same for the film industry. Already on the docket are high-profile features like Will Smith-fronted Bright — which has a reported production price tag of $90 million — and Martin Scorsese gangster movie The Irishman, starring Robert De Niro, which has a $46 million budget. And they won’t be slowing down any time soon.

RELATED: NETFLIX STOCKS HIT ALL TIME HIGH AFTER SUBSCRIPTION PRICE INCREASE
As reported by Variety, Netflix expects to release around 80 original films next year. “They range anywhere from the million-dollar Sundance hit, all the way up to something on a much larger scale,” chief content officer Ted Sarandos said in an investors interview on Monday, during which he also announced the uptick in spending. CFO David Wells noted that the inflated budget was not tied to the company’s recent price increases in several markets, and that the decision had been planned for a long time.

The news comes as Netflix strives toward becoming increasingly self-sufficient, aiming to up its library to 50 percent original content by next year. This ensures that it won’t take too big a hit if third party distributors pull their licensing deals in order to air their programming on other platforms, as Disney announced it would do in August

Of course, it also poses a looming threat to the already suffering movie biz, which over the summer saw box office attendance hit a 25-year low. If Netflix can pave the way for prestige films to air exclusively online, as it’s already done with television, Hollywood studios will have to fight even harder to drive audiences to theaters. All of which is to say that Netflix has found a clearly successful model, but the rest of the industry will need to think critically (and quickly) about how they can keep up.

http://screenrant.com/netflix-spend-8-billion-original-content-2018/

Good news bad news, wife likes Mindhunter so we're gonna watch it together. Idk how long it'll take tho :SobsInHappiness

Whoever the actor is, he was channeling his inner Phillip Seymour Hoffman. All around great job for every scene he was in.

final scene is what solidified it. That man Holden got two big for his britches.

Whoever the actor is, he was channeling his inner Phillip Seymour Hoffman. All around great job for every scene he was in.

final scene is what solidified it. That man Holden got two big for his britches.
yeah but
TBF holden is the one that does break down all the criminal's barriers, so without him I doubt they will get as good results But he is too big for his britches and burnt a few bridges. Think he will be suspended at beginning of S2 and unit will move on but not get the same results, at which point a depressed and disheveled holden gets called back in to save the unit

Watched the first episode of atypical last night and thought it was real good. Looking forward to the rest. Is rest of the season a solid watch?

Watched the first episode of atypical last night and thought it was real good. Looking forward to the rest. Is rest of the season a solid watch?

Atypical is great, you will enjoy.

Mindhunter is sooooooo good bruh, almost done

Back
Top Bottom