The Official Netflix Thread Tho: Recommend Streaming Movies

Just started the new Top Boy. On the third ep and this joint is straight.

Gonna catch between 2 ferns somewhere in between top boy.

Based on this comment. I will check it. I always loved watching the skits on youtube. When he was forcing michael cera to rub his inner thigh..

It was totally worth it. Definitely entertaining.

I just watched another Will Ferrell movie - Holmes and Watson. Can’t say it was the best movie I’ve ever seen but it wasn’t as bad as the reviews made out. Completely juvenile but an entertaining concept - basically a dumb parody of all of the other Sherlock Holmes stuff. He does a pretty good RDJ voice quite often.

LOL Man certainly didn't see that going in that direction. LOL. I was hoping Agent Ford could get some trim to take the edge off. I thought the main focus for the season was going to be the other person. However looks like it was setting up for season 3. Great season again, wife never watched the show then basically jumped in on like episode 5 of season 2, asking all kinds of questions.

I hit up a friend of mine who grew up in Atlanta around that time, he said it was crazy back then. Unreal to think of something like that going on for so long so many cases with no movement at all on the case.
It's out?
Yeah wife and I started to watch it Saturday after finishing Mindhunter however didn't want to invest the time. Started on season 2 of FFC, I think we are 5/6 episodes in and PISSED at where it seems to be going with the divorced couple. Nick needs to man the **** up and get with Merrill Morgan, grow up already. Lisa needs to chill on that baby **** and not try and pressure dude into having a kid with her without marriage. Ethan needs to enjoy the single life and get with Sam occasionally.

Yeah, I did some googling to find out more information.

A lot of stuff with that case is unclear. It seems like Wayne Williams was just one of the killers of the children. Local police and government just wanted it over as quick as possible so things could go back to normal. They went back and tested the dog hair and the matched the german shepard, so he was definitely one.

The black community were so adamant about it not being a black guy, it allowed Wayne Williams to exist. When it's sort of obvious that a white guy would be noticeable and their would be more witnesses.

It looks like BTK will be in the background throughout the show teasing them.

The show is really cool, because of the different directions it can go. It's like Silence Of The Lambs from the FBI's perspective.

I hit up a friend of mine who grew up in Atlanta around that time, he said it was crazy back then. Unreal to think of something like that going onfor so long so many cases with no movement at all on the case.

Fam, you gotta think about it in context of the time and place this occurred.

No one had even heard of serial killers back then. In an area where the KKK was alive and well. A police force that had KKK members in their ranks. So it's fully reasonable to assume the clan was involved, add in that type of police force and this is what happens.

You already know they weren't working THAT hard to solve what they assumed were multiple unrelated cases of black childern being murdered or going missing.

Man I wanted to like Top Boy so I’d have something good to watch but I cannot ****ing watch anything with British accents. That **** is like nails on a chalkboard for my ears.

Like alot of American accents to me

Fam, you gotta think about it in context of the time and place this occurred.

No one had even heard of serial killers back then. In an area where the KKK was alive and well. A police force that had KKK members in their ranks. So it's fully reasonable to assume the clan was involved, add in that type of police force and this is what happens.

You already know they weren't working THAT hard to solve what they assumed were multiple unrelated cases of black childern being murdered or going missing.
I know and get all that, but for it to be 1 type of victim. How did nobody not see a correlation. I would write it off as the clan if it was boys, girls, men, and women of various ages. I wish they would have "got the guy" but the city lost interest and wanted to wrap it up.

Regarding Wayne Williams...The show definitely leaned heavy on the fact that he may not have been the ONE and only killer...Clearly for dramatic reasons of course...

Out here in reality though he was the guy...Highly likely that he wasn’t at fault for all of the murders but most of them were his, at least in my view...I always come back to this one fact after reading / watching things like this, did the murders stop after the person was captured or killed or whatever? More often than not they do...Atlanta is a bit murky since there were murders after Williams was locked up, but they didn’t happen anywhere near to the extent or frequency they were happening while he was out running around...I say it’s very likely that there was at least a couple people out there killing in some form or fashion that weren’t related to one another...Opportunistic killer I guess...Could’ve been some racist red neck out there using the murders as a cover to open up...Who knows...

At any rate the fact that the city wanted to kill that whole thing (pun intended), was what’s led to all these conspiracy theories over the years...They even still to this day refuse to acknowledge anybody other than Williams...Sad for the families who still question things...

Last edited:
I finished this season of terrace house last night. I thought there was big potential as the girls were cute but the guys were collectively the most beta compared to other seasons. Kenny is the oldest, but doesn't know what's up, Ruka is still a kid, and shohei is still figuring his life out. Throughout the whole season nobody in a relationship

I finished this season of terrace house last night. I thought there was big potential as the girls were cute but the guys were collectively the most beta compared to other seasons. Kenny is the oldest, but doesn't know what's up, Ruka is still a kid, and shohei is still figuring his life out. Throughout the whole season nobody in a relationship

Kenny was only on to try and further his music career. Dude had no intention of getting in any relationship :lol:.

kenny is super lame. I kept thinking he'd eventually show he was cool but he didn't. You'd think he'd be more smooth around women since he's a musician and has groupies but nah. It gets worse for ruka. he showed his art in a recent episode and I couldn't stop laughing. I used to not like shohei but he's an alright guy and him laughing at stuff is entertaining. haruka is gorgeous but her guy friends being all old men is too weird.

kenny is super lame. I kept thinking he'd eventually show he was cool but he didn't. You'd think he'd be more smooth around women since he's a musician and has groupies but nah. It gets worse for ruka. he showed his art in a recent episode and I couldn't stop laughing. I used to not like shohei but he's an alright guy and him laughing at stuff is entertaining. haruka is gorgeous but her guy friends being all old men is too weird.
Haruka definitely a different one, I'm up to ep 10 but with her being into racing it's not all that surprising she has lots of older guy friends. She also seemed overly emotional and crying over small things. After that ep with Yusuke (catfish guy from Aloha State) does he shoot his shot? Seemed like Haruka was hinting but he still seems shy around the ladies.

They basically need to kick all the current members out of Terrace House and get a new cast in there. I'm almost done with the episodes and it's just boring and they're playing up drama and situations to fill air time.

Haruka definitely a different one, I'm up to ep 10 but with her being into racing it's not all that surprising she has lots of older guy friends. She also seemed overly emotional and crying over small things. After that ep with Yusuke (catfish guy from Aloha State) does he shoot his shot? Seemed like Haruka was hinting but he still seems shy around the ladies.
upload_2019-9-23_13-43-30.jpeg

He shoots his shot, was proud of my guy.

Yea this joint was funny. A good amount of LOL moments. My fave interviews were McConaughey and Cumberbatch. But many good ones.

Watching this now.

I haven’t finished 2 ferns yet, I think I’m over halfway. It’s alright
I thought the John legend one was pretty good though

Back
Top Bottom